wrx and evo decals..

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
custombitbodys
bitThug

wrx and evo decals..

Post by custombitbodys »

Sup all!!

i will be working a rally in a couple weeks and will have full access to all cars racing in it.. so im bringing my digi cam and tons of memory.. i plan on trying to make decals so replicas of the rally cars can be made..

subaru will have its 2004 wrx rally car there. and there will be evo 8's also. i will post a gallery of all the pics when i get back so anyone can have a go at making decals. i will also post the auctual decals that i create from it. anyway..

:twisted:
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

That's friggin awesome dude.. I can't wait.. No video?

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:That's friggin awesome dude.. I can't wait.. No video?

silla
hell yeah! now you're talkin'... custom you gotta get your hands on a vid camera and hook us up with some behind the scenes bro!

purdy please :lol: 8)
:rockon:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I suspect all of what he brings back is gonna be off da hook!
can't wait to see.

...and I'll put in one last ploy too...
please try and take some vid :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

well since my digi does take vid... i will give it a try. but its not the greatest.. I am a STC (start timing control) which basically means i start the cars on the stages.. the hard launch is usually the coolst thing, but can be rough on the body as im standing next to the car when it takes off launching golf ball size rocks in my direction.. but its a hoot!! and i will have someone taking pics.. i wont be able to hold the cam while im working.. if ya all wanna see some pics of this event from last year go here...

http://www.rimoftheworldrally.com/2002_Pics.htm
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Damn G.. How do you get hooked up with a jobby job like that? I wanna do that..lol

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

ive been doing it my whole life.. but this is the first time im working on this rally. i usually work on the Lake Superior Pro Rally as a Stage Captian.... That rally has the best photo opps for jumping cars.. the stage is brockway mountain. its a paved section thats three miles long that goes up the ridge of a mtn..

here is a pic of a subie coming in for a landing... that is the finish of the stage.. at the top of the hill. its a flying finish, so the cars can be going in excess of 100+mph and flying over 150 feet befor touchdown..
unfortnately only cars with some kick ass suspension will gun it at the finish for the better time.. but other rookies will do the same with their rally neons and be launched.. controlling the landing is the only problem.. theres a clif off to the left of the landing and a herd of people to the right.. that photo was taken the last year they let people stand on the side of the road..

edit: heres a evo jumping.. didnt get as much height...

subaru spends a lot of money taking photos on that rally because there are tons of great photo spots like that one.. many rallys have simmilar but none have a jump like that one that im aware of...

i think they have more photos like this on the subaru usa rally page..
http://www.rally.subaru.com/
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Outstanding pics man.. I'm totally jealous of that gig.. Watch out for flying crap.. I bet the sound, and the smell of high octane gas fills the air beautifully....

silla

hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

where on superior is this race?
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:smell of high octane gas fills the air beautifully....

silla
awe my minds creating that smell right now... it's almost like i'm there lol
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

yea sounds are awesome.. but they all have to be street legal to run in the states because they do have to drive from stage to stage.. so gas is usually limited to 102 octane... or the highest pump octane avilable in the area.. at one time you could get that "super blue" from citco 110 octane... but yea. 400hp+ street legal awd cars. with close to 10" of suspension travel.. its nuts...

its located in upper michigan on and around the kewenaw peninsula.. basically the peninsula that sticks up into superior... that jump is near the tip of the peninsula...
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

this dude i work with used to live way up there ill have to show him that.

another guy here has a wrx wagon and the thing is inane. i cant imagne a pumped up version. that blue paint is really nice.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

well the rally was awesome.. the weather was $hitty. but i did get to see some awesome cars.. unfortnately the time that i did have to see the cars when they were clean was very limited.. i have lots of pics but havent sorted through them all yet. heres one of an 800hp subie... Yea thats right 800 horses... i have a lot more pics, and some video. i have storage space on-line for pics. but not enough for more than one or two vids. they are about 2-4mb a piece.. and they are of me starting the rally cars on what i believe ended up to be the last stage.

o well more later..
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

whoally shitballs! I can't believe they could squeeze 800 hp in there!
sweet shot.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

nice start custom! you got me itchin' fo mo now! :lol: