White Hot Silverado

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

White Hot Silverado

Post by crazydave »

I think it was Sessiz that asked when someone was gonna put some Blue flames on one of these. Hmmm, Blue, flames, Chevy, this sounds like a job for me. So after making my crack about all the lowered Black Siverados the other night, I decided it was time to do this.

Got a little carried away with the white, but oh well, close enough.

I had previously stripped the bed cover and made a nice clean and smooth one. Stripped the rear bumper, rolled the pan under, and stuck pen tip exhaust out what was formerly the bumper mounting holes.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Naw dude, it's a hard contrast with the white vs black, but it works.
I like the way you did it. The truck isn't a resin bubble on wheels (though I like those too, I owned one IRL lol).
I have to admit, I'm getting bored with blue, but it works so well it's hard to stray from it.

I think you did a great job with everything.
As always, the details (lowered, rims, exhaust, etc.) help take it to the next level. :-o

I wish airbrushing wasn't so tedious, because at this point, most of us should be doing it.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Great job Dave, I'd say it is a hell of a match. As for the rims, I can't stop staring, I like them alot man!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Dave, you're gunna make me do MY silverado. Unfortuantely I don't have a chassis for it.

Great job :-o
Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote: I wish airbrushing wasn't so tedious, because at this point, most of us should be doing it.
What gets me is the cost of an air compressor. I always seem to have something else I want more at the time, but I'll tell you, it is high up on my list of must haves.
crazydave's Gallery
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

crazydave wrote:
CaboWabo wrote: I wish airbrushing wasn't so tedious, because at this point, most of us should be doing it.
What gets me is the cost of an air compressor. I always seem to have something else I want more at the time, but I'll tell you, it is high up on my list of must haves.
Yea, I haven't been able to do any airbrushing because I've ran out of "canned air". That sucks, airbrushing is fun.. Nice Silverado, Lovin the rear end. :smile:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I have heard quite often of getting a large inner tube and filling it up at the gas station. As long as you put a filter after it, should work fine for airbrushing.
canabits
bitThug

re:

Post by canabits »

I used a simple 125psi tank with regulator for years before buying a compressor. I could paint everything in a 1/25 model and parts of a second before I needed to refill it with air. A quick 5 minute stop at the corner gas station on the way home from work to refill and I was ready to go again.

The tire tube works suprisingly well but is not really flexible in application. You get stuck spraying at a single psi and I found they need a water trap more so than the tank (I drained the water trap on my tank once a month and don't remember ever having any significant build up of moisture).
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

CD that's one nice looking paint job I too like the way the white and blue contrast with the black it really stands out!

I also like what you did to the bumpers and the bed in this case less is more. Thats one sweet ride man! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

Goddamn! Thats the best looking truck I have ever seen. Those flames are P.I.M.P. Your fuckin' good at painting. :-o :-o :-o
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Nice work CD! I've always liked how you use flames on your shells. Rim choice is spot on as usual, and perfect ride height.... :cool:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys... but the wheels and stuff were not really a planned choice, they came with the chassis.

The wheels first appeared here. On my F-150 that I tried to copy off of the Dub City Expedition they came from.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=4240

Then I retired the F-150 body after I tried to repaint it, and I wasn't really satisfied.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=5005

I had already tab lowerd the chassis, so the only other body that would fit was my Silverado.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=5951

I did the rear end like the day after that, but lost interest by that point.
crazydave's Gallery
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

Cool. Cool cat. :-o
nascar8
bitHood

Post by nascar8 »

I love that exaust man! Very clean!
The flames are straight up awsome, Very nice job.
I love the rims, those are sweet.
What did you do to the taillights? I can't tell if you did something to them.

If I could give any sort of constructive critisim I would say that the silver line on the front bumper doesnt match well with the white flames. Maybe you could pick up some crome paint from your hobby store and paint the silver on the bumper and on the grill crome. Putting crome on the bumper would accent the wheels nicely.

Very nice job!
Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the lord my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take.
-Metallica-
Breadfan, You got it wrong, Some long time friend's gonna lose it in the end who's a fool
-Metallica-