Fitting Bit bodies on $5 Big Lots cars

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Fitting Bit bodies on $5 Big Lots cars

Post by crazydave »

If you've read This Thread Then you know that '5$ clones at biglots = ruling'. Only problem is the 2 goofy body styles don't = ruling.

I found out right away they are a tad too long like Cannonballs, so I salvaged a Cannonball body, but now I've got all these $5 cars, and I don't want to buy more crappy Cannonballs just for bodies.

I found out if you trim the front tab the way I show in the dotted lines, in the picture below, that bit bodies will fit perfectly.

I'm building an army of TC dual cells, because I love them so much, especially now that I'm making use of unused bodies.
The one on the right is a Cannonball body from my first micro RC that almost turned me off to the hobby. No trimming required to fit that body.

The one on the left is from my Skyline set, and those bodies are a little smaller and snugger than other bits. I had to trim the front wheel well just a tiny tad, after moving it back. I actually way over did it.

The one in the middle is a LXX RX-7 body that seems identical to my MS one but it sits a tad higher in front. It fit the TC chassis perfectly after trimming the front tab.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

very nice line up... looks like you'd give hog a run for his money.

I like the rx7 and the old-style skyline best.

-noX
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

go into Sm. Biz and ship us homes some of these.
What would you want to get one to my door?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:lol: no kidding - 3 cars all duel celled, someone's getting his speed fix

got a booster duel celled?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

noxorc wrote:go into Sm. Biz and ship us homes some of these.
Man, my Big Lots sold out of these a week and a half after they opened their doors, I'm hoping they restock. I hooked Havok up with one, and he's debateing over sending that one back to me to dual cell it, or just having me dual cell the extra one I got, and selling that to him. Let me see if he just wants to send his car, then I would sell you my last one for $5+ a sheet of those flame decals, like on your S2000. ;) I'll get back to you, when I'm sure what's up with Havok.

Of coarse if my Big Lots restocks, I'll let you guys know, and hook up anyone that asks, and pays up front. ;)
crazydave's Gallery
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

crazydave wrote:
noxorc wrote:go into Sm. Biz and ship us homes some of these.
Man, my Big Lots sold out of these a week and a half after they opened their doors, I'm hoping they restock. I hooked Havok up with one, and he's debateing over sending that one back to me to dual cell it, or just having me dual cell the extra one I got, and selling that to him. Let me see if he just wants to send his car, then I would sell you my last one for $5+ a sheet of those flame decals, like on your S2000. ;) I'll get back to you, when I'm sure what's up with Havok.

Of coarse if my Big Lots restocks, I'll let you guys know, and hook up anyone that asks, and pays up front. ;)
more than fair. I'd slip ya a couple more, cause of shippin.
If I give the C-Dave decals, how and when would we know the difference?
your work is just as good, if not better!
Since you've already checked out other flames...If you want one in particular, let me know.
Otherwize the S2000 version is already done.

-nOx
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

Hey! whats all this talk about me? :lol:

of course I'd give it up for my boy Nox! I'm gonna send CD my TC and he can send Nox the one he has.....

Hey Nox....did Cabo tell you what I want from you? shhhhh PM me :lol:
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

good lookin dave
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote::lol: no kidding - 3 cars all duel celled, someone's getting his speed fix

got a booster duel celled?
My only booster that's dual-celled is the Franken-Zap with the LXX PCB board in it. I know that board is stifling it, but it's more than fast enough to put that car on it's roof. I've been debateing over dual celling my MS Pro, but I usually like to leave my bits single cell, and set up tight roadcoarses to navigate. I always thought external dual cells seemed way off balance, but I don't know if it's the flat tires or what, but these cars seems as stable as my dual cell Zip Zaps, and way more stable than my one internal dual cell bit. Great stunts cars like you seen in the video.

I love these cars, but for $5, I LOVEthese cars. :lol:

Nox, thanks :-) , the S2000 ones would be perfect. :)
Last edited by crazydave on Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:lol: I'm with ya
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
skylinepimpinR34
bitPlaya'

Post by skylinepimpinR34 »

Nice, I wish I had more body's though. I only have 1 spare
Big pimpin in my skyline
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

skylinepimpinR34 wrote:Nice, I wish I had more body's though. I only have 1 spare

sounds like it's time for you to POP to TRU and pick up some sets.
can't have too many bodies in the garage.
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

Damn Skyline..that sux...you seen my garage?

Whatcha need? maybe I can help a brotha out... :cool:
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!