$57.03 Walmart Track

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Post Reply
payaso
bitPimp
Posts: 4293
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:10 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: on vacation in Vaporville
Contact:

$57.03 Walmart Track

Post by payaso » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:32 pm

This friend of mine that I work with just got us a track rollin. we're using the Walmart foam pads. They come 6 to a pack @ $17.99, and are 2'x2' squared. My homie has done all the construction, and now that my OL parts are here, I must crush his Lambo with it.


It drives really nice, and is alot less than the RCP. We do the pavement racing too, but this is great for when it's cold.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image




More pics as it grows, and as some finishing touches go on.

Not bad for a few bucks I think.





silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein

sg219
bitPimp
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:00 pm
4 + 3 =: 11
Location: Kennywood, PA
Contact:

Post by sg219 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:49 pm

Cool stuff. It's the same stuff I picked up a while back.

Whenever I'm over Bird's, odds are we're runnin' on it.

A whole hell of alot cheaper than RCP.

User avatar
SuperFly
bitPimp
Posts: 2760
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 6:37 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: nationwide
Contact:

Post by SuperFly » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:00 pm

Hue and I raced on that stuff a couple weeks ago at Dogbreath's house, and it was sweet. He used a 1/2 round of pipe insulation taped down with slick white tape.

The thing that still makes our RCP purchase good for us is the modularity of the walls, and how the entire thing breaks down the way it does. We can't leave it up when we're not using it, so it's nice to be able to completely set it up or tear it down in 7-8 minutes.

It's hard to believe you're giving a racer a run for the money in an OL. :-D
Image

payaso
bitPimp
Posts: 4293
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:10 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: on vacation in Vaporville
Contact:

Post by payaso » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:50 pm

SuperFly wrote:Hue and I raced on that stuff a couple weeks ago at Dogbreath's house, and it was sweet. He used a 1/2 round of pipe insulation taped down with slick white tape.

The thing that still makes our RCP purchase good for us is the modularity of the walls, and how the entire thing breaks down the way it does. We can't leave it up when we're not using it, so it's nice to be able to completely set it up or tear it down in 7-8 minutes.

It's hard to believe you're giving a racer a run for the money in an OL. :-D



I wish we had the $$$ for the RCP, but this is a great second. The track you, and hue run on is the dope shit...

The OL can hold it's own, but I have so much wheel time on it. It's just a matter of time before he's workin his like a knife, and lappin me... That's why I am going to order the Lambo MR-02MM this week. (yup, the green one sg :-o )



Vapor time.




silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein

sg219
bitPimp
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:00 pm
4 + 3 =: 11
Location: Kennywood, PA
Contact:

Post by sg219 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:05 pm

payaso wrote:That's why I am going to order the Lambo MR-02MM this week. (yup, the green one sg :-o )



Vapor time.




silla :D


:greenblob:

Thats cool as shit pimp!!

I just got the Autoscale a couple of weeks ago from AusMicro and its a thing of Uber-beauty!!

I got the Bit version of that body too!! Now its a pair.

Plus, my order from AusMicro shipped today. I just got the PN racing MM alloy mount and some other stuff. It'll be like Xmas when everything gets here!!


Incase its not noticable, I'm lovin' my IW02!!

***insert jealousy***

But you'll have the full-on Kyosho ride. :-o


FYI.....They sell a Green chassis. :cool:

payaso
bitPimp
Posts: 4293
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:10 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: on vacation in Vaporville
Contact:

Post by payaso » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:03 am

Just ordered it. Should be here this week. Got some decent tires for it too.

OL is back up, and runnin. Got some GPM tires for it, and they rock.





silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein

User avatar
MotorGong
bitNinja
Posts: 881
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 4:51 am
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: At the club drummin'

Post by MotorGong » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:56 pm

How is your homie making the walls/borders?
I'm counting 18 pcs (6x3) you guys have laid out there, so I don't think the walls are cut from the sides of an original piece(s).
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
Image

sessiz
bitPimp
Posts: 4663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:16 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: Upstate NY
Contact:

Post by sessiz » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:24 pm

MotorGong wrote:How is your homie making the walls/borders?
I'm counting 18 pcs (6x3) you guys have laid out there, so I don't think the walls are cut from the sides of an original piece(s).


The mats come with "edges" that can be added on. One side has a straight edge and the other has that jigsaw pattern that locks into the mat. I think that's what they used. (sure looks like it) :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!

User avatar
MotorGong
bitNinja
Posts: 881
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 4:51 am
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: At the club drummin'

Post by MotorGong » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:28 pm

sessiz wrote:The mats come with "edges" that can be added on. One side has a straight edge and the other has that jigsaw pattern that locks into the mat. I think that's what they used. (sure looks like it) :-)


Dang, it's like they should advertise an R/C Track as one of the many uses!
Just throw those 'edges' on vertically instead and ya got walls! Good deal.
Wait, they shouldn't advertise about being an R/C Track. That'll make it a hobby item, and the price will go up 200% lol.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
Image

payaso
bitPimp
Posts: 4293
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:10 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: on vacation in Vaporville
Contact:

Post by payaso » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:58 pm

sessiz wrote:
MotorGong wrote:How is your homie making the walls/borders?
I'm counting 18 pcs (6x3) you guys have laid out there, so I don't think the walls are cut from the sides of an original piece(s).


The mats come with "edges" that can be added on. One side has a straight edge and the other has that jigsaw pattern that locks into the mat. I think that's what they used. (sure looks like it) :-)




sessiz is correct. That's exactly what he did. The corners pieces are glued since they had to be cut anyways.

fun as hell to race on, but you gotta get up so fuckin early to race on it. The one time I got to run on it at night, I whipped ass. That killed the night racing...lol He'll only let me run on it now if I'm half sleeping. Which is the a.m. :o




silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein

Jimmy52
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:51 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: California

Re: $57.03 Walmart Track

Post by Jimmy52 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:15 pm

payaso wrote:This friend of mine that I work with just got us a track rollin. we're using the Walmart foam pads. They come 6 to a pack @ $17.99, and are 2'x2' squared. My homie has done all the construction, and now that my OL parts are here, I must crush his Lambo with it.


It drives really nice, and is alot less than the RCP. We do the pavement racing too, but this is great for when it's cold.
Image
Image
[ihttp://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGallery/albums/userpics/10004/track%20pic%203.jpg[/img]
Image
Image




More pics as it grows, and as some finishing touches go on.

Not bad for a few bucks I think.





silla :D


Nice track!

User avatar
Murdoch
bitDisciple
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 8:17 pm
4 + 3 =: 0
antispamboolean: No
Location: out of nowhere and POW BABY!

Post by Murdoch » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:10 am

man that's sweet.. I didn't think I would ever have a reason to actually go into walmart, but I guess this is it.

Post Reply