I like my MS Pro a lot better now.

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

My RX-7 Duel cell does not do wheelies...

The position of the second batt over the heatsink is not enough to move the center of gravity. I will admit it does flip a bit more than my other bits on cornering. But that might be cause I got the Booster on and a fast motor.

-nox
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:you serious? that car was transparent blue and that's just silver painted from the inside?
nice!
Yep, and pictures can not do justice to it. It's like a mile deep candy blue. Very 3-dimensional.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I'm gonna have to try that, sounds dope!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Hey Dave (if that's your real name),

can yer show a picture from underneath the body? where you painted.

So we can see what it's look like..

-nox
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

noxorc wrote:Hey Dave (if that's your real name),

can yer show a picture from underneath the body? where you painted.

So we can see what it's look like..

-nox
Actually name's David, but you can call me Dave. I don't like being called Davy, my mother called me Davy. Once. :-) :smile:

Picture? Sure I love posting pictures. :smile:

Notice that I masked off the inside of the windows, but was not especially careful about it.I also taped off the outside of the body when I did it, to prevent overspray.
crazydave's Gallery
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

cool , tanks..

clean job.

-nox
PiMp_C
bitThug

Post by PiMp_C »

Nice job Dave, the silver backing looks pimp!
*i aM oNe bAd maMMa jaMMa fo0!*
dabomb_04
bitHood

peak charger

Post by dabomb_04 »

Buzzbait wrote:Ask me in about a week. I just ordered a some batteries to try it out. Now that I've gone to using a peak charger for most of my RC cars, this mod makes more and more sense.
what is a peak charger. i assume it is a timed charger aside from the one that is in the controller.
holla back
cdub
dabomb_04
bitHood

knuckles

Post by dabomb_04 »

any tips on removing knuckles
holla back
cdub
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

A peak charger slowly juices the batt until it's completely full, and hits it's peak.

The run times from those are great..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

there are several methods you can use to get the rims off the knuckles.

you can use a small finishing nail to try and push the pin out from the backside of the knuckle.
you can use a soldering iron on the tip of the pin to heat it up just a tad and then pull it out with pliers.
you can use pliers and try to muscle the pin out.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I've discovered that each knuckle requires it's own technique, or I've yet to master my techique, or whatever, but it just doesn't seem to get any easier.

I wouldn't reccomend wrassling the pin out with pliers because you'll probably bend it like I've done to so many. The soldering iron has worked great for getting my bit rims off, but I discovered Zip Zap rims melt alot faster. I'm think Hogjowls idea of prying up with 2 screwdrivers might be the best way to go, because it would pull evenly so it doesn't bend, but I don't have 2 screwdrivers small enough to try that.
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

there is a technique to the muscling them out.
payaso bout shiat when he saw how easily I pulled them out - without a bend.
takes 2 pairs of pliers, 1 normal pair and 1 needle nose.
lately I've been trying the soldering iron method - I'd suggest you not pull on the rim to get the pin out or you're going to melt and deform your rim, pull from the head of the pin with needle nose pliers.

haven't tried the screwdriver thing because I can't seem to think of a way to pry on the pin without completely marring up the rim with the screwdriver.
dabomb_04
bitHood

thanks

Post by dabomb_04 »

thanks for all the tips. much appreciated.
holla back
cdub
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

CaboWabo wrote:there is a technique to the muscling them out.
payaso bout shiat when he saw how easily I pulled them out - without a bend.
Well, hell yeah... It took me two days to get one pin out, then CW comes down, and yanks out em out in about 2 sec..

Granite, it was like a old man wrestling a pickle out of a jar, but damn he was fast...lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein