Radio Shack holiday offerings

General discussions, new info, and all stuff that's how you say, off the hook. Bit, ZZ, SE, MT, SS... as long as it's micro, it's here.
sessiz
bitPimp

Re: zip zaps 2.0 rumors

Post by sessiz »

zipzap2ner wrote:my name is owen and i work at radio shack store 01-4451 in mansfield oh. the rumors you have heard are true. zip zaps 2.o are everything you heard and more. they will have working headlights and faster motors! (as shows right now, but things could change.) all retired zip zaps bodies will work with the 2.o system. as for the x-mods, i am yet unsure as of the details of those but i will ask my district manager about those within the coming weeks. I myself collect and tune zip zaps. I currently have 25 bodies and 8 working cars with different levels of mods. my co-worker, T.J., also collects them and is an X-treme modifier! he has added wings to cars that had no wings and he has also made a controller that can control a zipzap up to 80 feet with no problems, he only modified the controller.....no car work at all. he is currently devising a 4wd system for them but is not finished. I don't modify as much but still hold my own. I have recently been hunting down retired cars such as the black civic and vw beetles. its nice to order in parts you dont have from other stores plus i get a 30% discount! if you have any questions about zipzaps, zipzaps 2.0, x-mods, modifing zipzaps, or questions you want me the ask the big wigs at radioshack about just email me at Darksky5150@yahoo.com. I will check back in everyday I work. till then.......

ZiPzAp2ner

Here's a question you could throw at the people in the know.
What kind of propo will they have, how many steps etc, and will it be only propo steering or full propo controls? Another question to ask is what new bodies do they have planned?
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

Thanks for the awesome scoop dawg. I hope ya have a good time here hangin' in the hood, where all are welcome.

I can't wait to check these shizzle's out tho.
-=GfµnK=-
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Found this.
RadioShack Launches ZipZaps SE as Next Generation of Popular Micro RC Cars; Headlights, Taillights and Six-Person Racing Takes Micro RCs to the Next Level
July 09, 2003 08:02:00 AM ET

FORT WORTH, Texas, July 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Beginning this fall, RadioShack Corporation RSH will unveil ZipZaps SE (Special Edition), the next generation of micro RCs featuring the latest innovations in ZipZaps technology including six-person racing, headlights and taillights for nighttime racing and digital-proportional steering for precision maneuverability.

"Following our success last year and earlier this year with our X2 and 2 Fast 2 Furious line up of ZipZaps, we decided to ask our fans about additional features for the next generation of ZipZaps," said Don Carroll, senior vice president and general manager, Connecting Things, RadioShack. "We found out that consumers wanted the option to race with multiple friends, more precise steering and lights for nighttime racing. We listened and created ZipZaps SE, a great extension of the ZipZaps franchise that has proven so popular with kids and collectors alike."

Hot New Features and Models

The new ZipZaps SE line offers an industry first -- six selectable 27 MHz frequencies that allow up to six people to race simultaneously. Headlights and taillights, perfect for nighttime racing or just showing off to friends, add another realistic dimension to the new line up. Catering to the most common request among avid micro RC racers for increased maneuverability, the ZipZaps SE series features digital-proportional steering for realistic control over speed and handling as racers zoom along fast curves and tight stretches. A steering trim adjuster allowing for pin-point tracking and an all-new controller design features a reversible control trigger for right or left hand use.

Kicking off the ZipZaps SE collection this September is a lineup of tricked-out cars based on Initial D, the fast-paced "manga comic book" series from Japan that features the action-packed adventures of reluctant hero, Tak, a teenage tofu delivery boy who gets swept up in the world of street racers. Truly an enormous hit in Japan, the Initial D property has already sold more than 30 million graphic novels, boasted a 47% market share in its television time slot and earned more than $300 million in revenue from the Asian market alone. "With Manga Mania just hitting the U.S., the Initial D ZipZaps will hit RadioShack store shelves at a great time to fulfill the desires of Manga fans," added Carroll.

RadioShack's Initial D ZipZaps SE lineup will consist of several red-hot vehicles from TOKYOPOP's hit series, including two Special Edition (SE) Initial D starter kits: the SE Mazda Savanna FC3S RX-7 Starter Kit (driven by Ryosuke "Ry" Takahashi) and SE Mazda Enfini FD3S RX-7 Starter Kit (driven by Keisuke "K.T." Takahashi). Each respective special edition starter kit includes the latest innovations in ZipZaps technology with six selectable 27 MHz frequencies to allow six cars to race at once and working headlights and taillights for nighttime racing.

Two special edition body kits will also be available for the Initial D ZipZaps line. The SE Initial D Body Kit I features the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 (driven by Takeshi "Zack" Nakazato) and the Honda Civic SiR2 EG-6 kit (driven by Shingo Shoji) including four hubcaps for each car along with body tops with headlights and tail lights to work in the ZipZaps SE chassis. The SE Initial D Body Kit II features the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno (driven by Takumi "Tak" Fujiwara) and the Toyota AE85 Levin SR (driven by Itsuki "Iggy" Takeuchi) and contains four complex tread tires, four water tread tires as well as ZipZaps' fastest motors (28,000 RPM and 34,000 RPM). Each body kit also contains collector trading cards featuring the Initial D character and car. RadioShack will also offer a bundled package of the first three installations of the Initial D Manga series for $19.99.

Also coming out this fall is the never-seen before 2005 Ford Mustang GT ZipZaps SE Starter Kit available in both silver and red.

In addition to the ZipZaps SE line, RadioShack has licensed several new models as part of the original ZipZaps series. A green and yellow-gold Jeep Wrangler Starter Kit highlights the new line-up, while ZipZaps fans who love muscle cars will be thrilled to get their hands on the white and navy blue 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS Starter Kit and the silver and black 2002 Pontiac Firebird Starter Kit. Paying tribute to the 35th anniversary of the Chevrolet Camaro SS, a Past and Present Body Kit including a 2002 Camaro SS and a black 1967 Camaro SS is also being offered.

About ZipZaps

Beginning in September 2003, ZipZaps SE Starter Kits will be available at RadioShack stores across the country for $24.99. Body kits for the SE line will be offered at $6.99 and $12.99. The new ZipZaps cars featuring the original ZipZaps design will be available for $19.99 and body kits will be on the shelves for $4.99 each. All ZipZaps SE chassis' can accommodate original ZipZaps body tops and accessories.

ZipZaps are the premiere line of micro RCs that were launched by RadioShack in 2002 and have been an instant success, with rave reviews from the media and consumers. The pocket-sized ZipZaps deliver non-stop racing action with the ability to fine-tune each car with customizable motors, gears, suspensions, tires and hubcaps. The micro racers have realistic body styles, charge in less than a minute and move with great precision, speed and dexterity. In addition, each ZipZaps starter kit features a collector trading card. Making room for the 2003 line, select models and accessories from the inaugural line of ZipZaps are no longer offered after inventory sells out. ZipZaps are sold exclusively at RadioShack stores nationwide. Additional information, including a virtual showroom, tuning tips and screensaver downloads can be found at www.zipzaps.com .

About RadioShack

ZipZaps are an exclusive brand of Fort Worth-based RadioShack Corporation, the nation's most trusted consumer electronics specialty retailer of wireless communications, electric parts, batteries and accessories, as well as other digital technology products and services. With more than 7,200 stores nationwide, it is estimated that 94 percent of all Americans live or work within five minutes of a RadioShack store or dealer. The company's knowledgeable sales associates and brand position, "You've Got Questions, We've Got Answers," support RadioShack's mission to demystify technology in every neighborhood in America. For more information on RadioShack products and services, visit our e-commerce Web site at www.radioshack.com .

© 2003 PRNewswire
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

crazy. i want me a propo zipzap.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

CJ, You busted azz wit dis acticle Pimp! Serious Find!
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

first off SWEET FIND i gotta go south this september and spend some serious $$

i can see zip front ends and pcb's being put into bits in the future.
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Now that's some serious news, thanks cj :-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Killer find CJ!

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those, and the restrospective Camaro body set. :-D

I'm not too excited about the headlights and taillights, I'm wondering if they detract from performance. You know they at least put a dent in battery life. I'm wondering if they can be switched off. That would be nice.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

crazydave wrote:Killer find CJ!

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those, and the restrospective Camaro body set. :-D

I'm not too excited about the headlights and taillights, I'm wondering if they detract from performance. You know they at least put a dent in battery life. I'm wondering if they can be switched off. That would be nice.

and if it doesn't...those and many more MODs will comith.

-nox
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

I gots to have some of dem propo's. (pistol grip controllers I'm assuming). Maybe wouldn't need guardrails then. Thanks for the news CJ.
The secret to life is Raku
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

When you have been with RS for 9 years you get to know a lot of info.
Just the restrictions they have about leaking info before corprate has limits one as to what we can officialy say.
MadScott

Post by MadScott »

Wow, thanks for the hot info CJ. As far as the propo goes, I've heard it kicked around that it might be around 4 step like the Tomy RC club. Just rumors and guessing though. It would seem to jive with the price of the cars though.
"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all full here."

Stupidity should be painful.
extrememicros
bitHood

Post by extrememicros »

Ahhh...its so good to be king!

On the propo issue, it notes steering, but nothing of throttle? Any ideas?

On the 4 step possiblility, that may not be horrible.

Reason is, those who are opened minded about micros, honestly, a normal zip zap out handles a bit any day. The controllability of zzs over tomys is like night and day to me. Due to the length increase partially and possibly better craftsmanship. That said, considering that zzs alread handle great, 4 steps is a serious improvement when compared to tomy bits and even the RC Club Tomy I have as well which is good for display only. My first micro was a Tomy Xanavi SE, I drove 2 hours to get it and paid 63.00!! Sucker, yes, but I had to have it NOW back then. So my mind is open..

Time will tell. My opinion, I think that Radio Shack will outdo the first ZZ series. I feel that they have had the success so far with the first series. They are totally capable of pulling it off. I just have faith in zzs I guess. I have had tons of Bit clones pass away over the last year, and 3 Tomys go the the next lifetime, but every zz I own, still runs the day I did when I got it..!!!

Holla!
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I would love a throttle but propo steering is good enough for me. I agree with extreme micros whole heartedly on his steering views. My zips still run the track where as my bits are for goofing. September feels so far away :sad:
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

well seeing's how it's probably alot easyer/cheaper to make the forwards reverse digi propo i can't see them not doing it if they are making the propo steering.
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^