Saving The Prototype

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Saving The Prototype

Post by CaboWabo »

So I started building a prototype car...
as I've been doing lately, this one was an experimental paint job as well...
near the end - it really looked like shiat - I was furious.
So I tried to save her - did an okay job - but woulda looked hella better if I woulda just done this in the first place!
oh well - so goes life in the bit world.
here's my prototype car.
it was made from an accord wagon
Last edited by CaboWabo on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hoboman
bitHood

Post by hoboman »

looks sweet cabo, the paint looks to be smooth. i made a couple of those accords before and always messed up the paint job.
im drooling over those alloys.
I'm not your average homeless person.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

thanks man - I liked how the red fade turned out, would of happened if I didn't screw it up in the first place...
but now that I know - got a new trick up my sleeve! lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

That is some bad ass blingidy bling
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

Looks awesome to me! How do you get such a smooth glossy look?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

thanks man - I just make sure to do thin and even coats of paint, same for when it's time to clear coat.
on that particular car I did 1 thin coat of clear which left it looking "spotted" in areas, when that dried I hit it with 1 more thin coat of clear which left it as you see it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's cool. I wanted an Accord sedan. Made me mad that bits only came in the wagon.

That paint is lookin' super glossy. Nice, and I love the color with the gold alloys.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

thanks homie - for some reason I'm always scared not to clear coat my jobs now so all of em turn out pretty glossy
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Now That's Just Slammin Pimp, swing past the crib and pick me up!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

on my way DT, we're hittin fudruckers and then the beach to cruise the babes!
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

hehe, that sled is a chick-magnet! Thats one of the slickest paint jobs I've seen.
The secret to life is Raku
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

thanks holmes!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Hey C-Dub,

Kinda puts me in mind of a 4door Fiero !!!!!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

DT, I was thinking the exact same thing when I got done!

but before it was painted...
there's an 80's sports car that it reminds me of.
I tried like hell to think of it, even did a little searching - but nothing - I couldn't think of it.
any ideas?
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Foreign: Fiat, Lancer, Alfa, etc. Domestics: Ford, Chevy, Chrysler. Gimme a make and I'll give ya a model.

Holla !