Skyline Racer body mod.

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

Thats looken sweet so fare it should be awsome by the time it's done.
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

Thanks pimps! I've got something special in mind for the wheels, I just hope they work out. Too bad I don't have some of those alloys, but you all know how much I like those DUB's.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

That's just.. No words..
Anyway...! WTF is styrene?
Do i need a better signature?
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

TheEvo wrote:That's just.. No words..
Styrene is the material of opaque plastic used for the ground effects and other structual projects, usually white. Comes in several different ticknesses. 0.20, 0.30, 0.60. Other materials are:
Butyrate - Optically clear, easily cut, dimensionally stable. Great for model window glazing.
Vivak - Multipurpose high-strength clear plastic. Use for forming airplane canopies.
Polycarbonate - An unbreakable, high-temperature plastic. Ideal for forming engine cowls
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

DarkTari wrote:
Styrene is the material of opaque plastic used for the ground effects and other structual projects, usually white. Comes in several different ticknesses. 0.20, 0.30, 0.60. Other materials are:
Butyrate - Optically clear, easily cut, dimensionally stable. Great for model window glazing.
Vivak - Multipurpose high-strength clear plastic. Use for forming airplane canopies.
Polycarbonate - An unbreakable, high-temperature plastic. Ideal for forming engine cowls
Where can I pick up some DT?

and Ahh5hit....you already know I think you're the shiznet...but damn son...I'm liking that skyline ....and DT is right...its all about bein' original.....a good example is my Shaggin' Wagon :grin:
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

Thanks havok, I've seen your wagon and it is off the hook. I really didn't plan on this project turning out to be anything, it was my first ground effects mod, but the more I do to it, the more I haven gotten into it. I just hope I can keep following thru and improving on it. Seeing the stuff everyone here cranks out is my inspiration. (I know, I sound like a sap.)
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

Here it is pimps! The done deal. Even though it doesn't show well in the pics, I painted the wheels the same metallic blue as the stripes and added the white outer rim. I did the custom exhaust a little different too. All in all, I think it turned out good for my first major body mod and paint job. Holla!

sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

:shock: That looks mean as fuck. Excellent job ahh5hit. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Ahh5hit wrote:Here it is pimps! The done deal. Even though it doesn't show well in the pics, I painted the wheels the same metallic blue as the stripes and added the white outer rim. I did the custom exhaust a little different too. All in all, I think it turned out good for my first major body mod and paint job. Holla!
First Major body? You dont happen to have a gallery on the net or something? Even though you didn't do much i like the simple way you style! So.. Show the rest of it!
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

TheEvo wrote:
Ahh5hit wrote:Here it is pimps! The done deal. Even though it doesn't show well in the pics, I painted the wheels the same metallic blue as the stripes and added the white outer rim. I did the custom exhaust a little different too. All in all, I think it turned out good for my first major body mod and paint job. Holla!
First Major body? You dont happen to have a gallery on the net or something? Even though you didn't do much i like the simple way you style! So.. Show the rest of it!
Actually, the only other body mod I've done was a convertable 350Z. You can see it here...
http://www.bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/p ... php?t=1077
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Ohh.. Then i guess i should look forward to your future jobs! :grin:
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Havok wrote:
DarkTari wrote:
Where can I pick up some DT?
I got a sheet of 0.30 Blu tinted Butyrate from me LHS.
I ordered the Styrene from.......
http://www.micromark.com
My LHS didn't have this. You know you can also use old Credit Cards for the same thing. Remember Sinned's body mod tuit?
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

I've tried the credit cards too, but I find the styrene a tad bit easier to shape than the credit cards. My other question with the credit cards would be whether they hold paint or not with the slick surface they have.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I use credit cards and the like for tab lowering only. The styrene is so much easier to shape and you can shape it like you wouldn't believe. I got my 1st body mod almost finished. Need to trim it up and clearcoat then I'll enter it in Da Turd Polish Clone Contest......Look for it!