What tools for cuztom jobs?

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

What tools for cuztom jobs?

Post by TheEvo »

So i did my first my first custom job today which turned out to be harder than thought.. probaly cuz of the tools.. So i just thought - What tools are you guys using? perhaps i could get ideas. cuz my tool - the flat one was big as f***...!
Do i need a better signature?
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

well the essential tools in my collection for most all mods are the dremel a case of jewlers screw drivers razer blades and superglue. other tools that are used for some mods are the soldering gun plyers wire cutters and just various stuff like that. of course this will change according to the mods you are doing but those are the tools i seem to use most often.
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

dabigpig wrote:well the essential tools in my collection for most all mods are the dremel a case of jewlers screw drivers razer blades and superglue. other tools that are used for some mods are the soldering gun plyers wire cutters and just various stuff like that. of course this will change according to the mods you are doing but those are the tools i seem to use most often.

Same here..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

dabigpig wrote:dremel a case of jewlers screw drivers razer blades and superglue. other tools that are used for some mods are the soldering gun plyers wire cutters and just various stuff like that.
Dremel, case of jewlers(WTF!?) screw drivers(For what?) Razor blades(Which are..?) Plyers, wires, cutters.. You need those.. whaddya call it.. dots..?

Evo :grin:
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

dremel = overkill for most stuff that size

jewelers screwdrivers = little micro screwdriver sets

i use diagonal cutters {search on google} for most cutting

jbkwik www.jbweld.com

and other various things depending on what im doing

plus solder and soldering stuff
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

I'd agree with Hog a Dremel is overkill for most all micro jobs.

I'd add micro saw blades to the list.

from http://www.modelcargarage.com/mcg_displ ... =2238&rp=0
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hey CJ, how have those blades worked out for you, I've been thinking about getting some.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

crazydave wrote:Hey CJ, how have those blades worked out for you, I've been thinking about getting some.
Pretty good I use them instead of an Xacto bade when I cut up the El Camino Gloria. Just be real patient with them they are thiner than a #11 Exacto blade and will bend if you try too hard. I go lucky I had an extra handle so now I have a saw in one and a #11 blade in another.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Are they some kind of special tools, do i have to order them from there?
Or can i just go to my local shop and buy those?

Evo :-)
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

I've been lurking on this thread. Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up a couple x-actos at Hobby Lobby (they did have a wonderful selection of Muscle Machines and MM r/c's), but they didn't have the x-acto saw assortment there. Will try Michael's and Target today. Am eyeing those ZZ bodies to chop.
The secret to life is Raku
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

hogjowlz wrote:dremel = overkill for most stuff that size
How dare you say that, the dremel is the god of all modding tools to me.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

In some occasions (??) yes it probaly is, fx when you're making a Targa(I've been wondering to buy a RX-/ and do it :-D)
But for truck conversion fx i did that with a metal-saw(A saw to use on metal..) Final product turned out really good.. Hmm.. think om gonna paint it..

Evo :-D
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

All i can say is after buying me an RTX,(black and Decker version of the Dremel) its been happy modding ever since! :eek: You can do most anything with a rotary tool :eek:
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

TheEvo wrote:Are they some kind of special tools, do i have to order them from there?
Or can i just go to my local shop and buy those?

Evo :-)
Micromark has them as well http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.as ... t&ID=14345
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Your very Best tools will be a set of Micro Files cause after all the cutting & glueing is done, your files are what brings everything together and completes the job !!!! PERIOD !