SE Dunebuggy

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
LiL_Mike
bitHood

SE Dunebuggy

Post by LiL_Mike »

Well i was bored this weekend so i made i was chillin' at rcmod.com and saw the carpet runner mod thingy so i tried it with my se.
Looked cool.
Drived like crap.

I'll get pics later today.
Mike's Bit o' Philosophy:
nice.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

sounds like most of the ideas at that site
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

yup. too bad.....so sad. I hate it when projects don't work out.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

as long as you learn something from the process, then not all is lost....
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

hopefully some of youz learn that form should always be considered after function.

weve had to judge cars out of top 3 a few times because it looked cool but we knew that it would either run like crap or not at all.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Right now, I'm learinin that the hard way (project HW tunerz)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yep, I totally agree.

When I first got on TinyRC I saw all this cool stuff people were doing, and had to try for myself. I quickly discovered most of it was just cool lookin'.

I didn't start experimenting with things like putting on die-cast rims, until I figured out exactly how I could make it perform as good, if not better than stock.

Something like lowering your body can totally screw up your handling by limiting supension travel, or tires rubbing here and there. That's why I don't like to lower my cars. So know when you do see one of my cars lowered, I spent plenty of time to make sure it performed as well too.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

You said it D! I spend hours grinding away at inner bodies to make room for wheels and lowering. I like to make it perform first and look good last.
I have destroyed more cars modding than the ones that came out somewhat decent.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i hear that!!!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I totally agree. I really only have one or two cars that are more about looks than performance. Even those work fine, I just put slow motors and blue gears in them cuz that's what kind of cars they are. Ya gotta be able to drive them, otherwise you might as well build a model or buy a Hot Wheel or Johnny Lightning car. Some things break my heart, too. Like how alloy wheels (or most any major wheel mod) don't perform as well as stock, how you really do need an antenna, and a host of other things that are difficult if not impossible if you want the car to drive well.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

word.
I heat up the inside of my bodies with a bic and push them shits out with my finger leaving the prints behind and some plastic stringin off, then I paint the whole the thing black and piss on it and snap a pic.
kick ass shit man :lol:

that felt great
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

CaboWabo wrote:word.
I heat up the inside of my bodies with a bic and push them shits out with my finger leaving the prints behind and some plastic stringin off, then I paint the whole the thing black and piss on it and snap a pic.
kick ass shit man :lol:

that felt great
If there was ever a detox centre for 1/64 scale cars, this is the sorta thing you would be hearing......

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

rehab is for quitters lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
LiL_Mike
bitHood

Post by LiL_Mike »

Guess this was just for looks. I wasn't really counting on it working. Guess i'm slowly slippin out of the hobby. Anyway I decided i wasn't gonna buy more bits, so my only working cars were and SE and reg. ZZ. I've found that my se was faulty or somethin' and I didn't wan't to bother to see if rat shack'd do anything. So, I glued the wheels on, let it drie overnite (I used model glue btw, very effective) well the back wheels ran great, but only one of the front wheels barly moved.

The moral of this topic:
If at first you don't succeed.
Try, try again.
Mike's Bit o' Philosophy:
nice.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sounds like some glue seeped in between the axle and wheel. I've had that problem with paint.

Try pulling the pin, cleaning out the hole, and see if that helps.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"