Skyline R34!!!! (extended ofcourse)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Swavey
bitThug

Skyline R34!!!! (extended ofcourse)

Post by Swavey »

I have a few pics of this cars creation in my extended project thread, but I figured I would post a nice lookin pic of it here, So all those not interested in the whole project may see it.... :p

Currently:
-Single 200 mAh cell (adding second shortly) I am working on a "Battery Pack" method that will be charged outside the chassis, then can be inserted into the bit just like a single cell would.... So if you wanted to could switch from single to dual or even tripple cells without modin... :???:
-Custom fabricated chassis (held in to body same as original diecast chassis was. shaved to match the rest of the chassis.
-Muscle Machine rims (soon to be replaces by 5mm alloys i hope 8) )

Future Mods:
-Fully Custom controller, as this one clicks WAY to much when i drive (in order to drift I have to pulse my accelerator alot, so its hella noisy)
-Whatever my brain can make up will go into this car :???:
-Casting body in resin mold.
-Custom Paint job. I was thinking metalic blue in the front fadin to black in the back... with custom printed decals designed by me...

If you want a full pic (1280 x 960) check out:
http://members.shaw.ca/blinnstudios/SkylineR34_rims.jpg

Check out a pic of the under belly here:
http://members.shaw.ca/blinnstudios/Sky ... bottom.jpg

Or pics of the chassis check out:
http://members.shaw.ca/blinnstudios/Sky ... hassis.jpg

Hope yall really like it... I am really happy with how it has turned out so far... still needs a lot of work, but so far so good :p

Think I should enter it in the December Contest??

:D Swavey :D
Last edited by Swavey on Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

looks good man.
I liked how you panned out the inside, I saw that in the other thread.
some nice work in there.
dig the battery swap idea, I started out doing that myself but kept jarring them hard enough to break free and give a poor connection.

if you seriously plan on painting or customizing the shell, if it were me, I'd probably enter once it was done.
but that's just me, many others have entered and gone on to mod more afterwards.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Swavey
bitThug

Post by Swavey »

Thanx Cabo, glad you like it... The main goal through the whole thing was to keep it as clean as humanly possible, heh.... with regards to wireing, modling ect..

A budy of mine told me after i get the paint done, I should send it in to like RC Car action magaxing and see if I can get it and specs in a readers ride section or somethin :shock: That would be soooo sick!!!

Do you mind my asking how you went by the swapable batteries.. I have had a few ideas, but the only one I have tested worked amazing on the controller, but didnt even show any signs on life in its own.. :???: Got any advice... Jaring shouldnt me an issue for me cause as soon as i get the batter pack figured out, I am going to custom make a pcb cover out of 2 part epoxy that will be capable of housing single, dual or tripple cells without lettin them budge.. :p

HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

That's lookin better and better pimp. I had thought about converting a muscle machine to an RC, but went with the HW Tunerz instead. I am going to be doing another die cast ride, but I'm definitely doing a different chassis layout this time around
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I left the inside of the chassis as is.
soldered my batteries, put electrical tape on the ends and I could just wedge 1 battery into it's normal position, set the other on top of the heat sink, and the wire ran back in between the taped end of the battery inside the chassis, and the battery post.
just the added thickness of the wire was enough to keep the battery in place, until I took a super hard hit or fall, then it would start to work its way free and usually tear a hole in the tape and short itself or just pop out most of the way until there was no connection.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Swavey
bitThug

Post by Swavey »

HirotoR34 wrote:I am going to be doing another die cast ride, but I'm definitely doing a different chassis layout this time around
Sounds cool man, if you ever need a hand with anything just let me know! I aint pro or nothin, but I just figured I would put out the helpin hand to fellow pimps :P

*UPDATE* I had to switch back to crappy small wheel mod for the time being (traction was shitty on those others) but the car runs Amazing, I got my "plug and play" dual cell goin in there and everything is runnin solid!!! Spring Suspension added now, so it rids like a cloud... 8-)

I have got the blue underlighting all planned out just need one more blue LED from RS. I decided to go with something that dosnt fade far out from under the car... to keep the real theme goin, heh...

Lovin this car, seriously!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That came out pretty killer.

I been planning a fully suspended pan car bit for a while, but I just never seem to have the focus to get it all together.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

nice man that turned out owsome
Swavey
bitThug

Post by Swavey »

*UPDATE*

I got sick of dual cell... :p heh so I make a tri cell battery pack, (also hot swappable) and popped it in... didnt like the extra batt on my controller either, so I went to radio shack and took ten minutes before work to build a 4 AA battery charger.. :D

4 people at work are ordering from TE now after seein it :p I was like a proud father today!

Swavey
bitThug

Post by Swavey »

*UPDATE*

I didnt like the look of the glue on the bottom, heh, and as most people by now know clean chassis is what I love best :P

although this thread hasnt gotten the responce i thought it would, (or had hoped, heh) I figured I would still post some updates as I makwe them.... This one still needs work, but this is how chassis bottom looks to date..

For Full Size picture chack out:
http://members.shaw.ca/blinnstudios/Sky ... bottom.jpg

E-van

Post by E-van »

Swavey thats Excellent man!

keep it up
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

wow that is so clean doesnt even look like it has been cut :shock: