Project bBaja Pickup (WIP)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Project bBaja Pickup (WIP)

Post by crazydave »

I still need to paint it, and add a few touches, but when I got up this morning, and seen what I did last night I couldn't wait to show it off.

So I'm finally getting around to doing one of those bB pickup conversions everyone was doing about 9 months ago. I almost chickened out, 'cause I was afraid I'd botch it up just using super glue, and not having any putty, but it went along easier than I thought.

The chassis is one of my hybrids. A Micro Speed front end, grafted to a LXX rear. A Microsizer PCB, that's been FETed, but I'm going to stack the FETs, and do the steering before I'm done with this. I ripped apart a Zip Zap axle, to get the wheels for a Zip Zap wheel conversion. I'm using 12:1 gearing. The offroad tires are from a couple Motorworks cars. I raised the body tabs, and I also shaved all the aerodynamic stuff off the bottom of the body to give me further ground clearance.

I'm really excited about it, now I can't wait to get off work today to paint it. Hey wait a minute...cough cough, hack cough...yeah, I think I'm getting sick... :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Nice work there CD looks like its coming along good. Cant wait to see the finished product with one of your dope paint jobs :)
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I love the way that thing sits. Shaving the bottom of the body was a great idea, it's subtle but it really changes the look of the truck... it looks less like a mini truck, and moe like a '99 Siverado. Nice work.

I hope you stayed home from work to paint, er uh, I mean, get well.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Damn Cavey! You just got the bodies last week! U don't waist no time do ya? You already finished the Celica and now the bB !

Man U A Bad Mutha (ShutchoMouth) ! Just talkin bout Dave :blazin:
mastercool
bitHood

Post by mastercool »

Nice job dave.
I like the wheels and tyres, where did you get them?
mastercool

-------------------------------------------------------

Eat right,exersize...die anyway!
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Straight sick. I love to see that kinda body work w/ min tools. SD can't wait to see the flames on that one. :twisted:
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

mastercool wrote:Nice job dave.
I like the wheels and tyres, where did you get them?
you blind? read what he said.........

ph2t.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

@Hue, yeah I didn't know how that would turn out shaving the bottom. I just knew an off road vehicle didn't have all that aerodynamic stuff, but it came out nice, and I also noticed how it changed the look of it.

No I didn't stay home today, need the money. I'm getting ready to start it now.

@DT, yeah I do this stuff when I'm laying in bed, winding down for the night. I'll be staring at my cars while watching TV, and I'll see something that needs to be done, then I'm fiddling for a couple extra hours, and end up staying up late. It just happens, I have no control over it. :lol:

@mastercool, thanks, they're Zip Zap rims, and Motorworks tires.

@Finks, I used every tool at my disposal. See pic below.

My first instinct was just to slap some flames on it, but I got something different planned. It'll be along the lines of the 'baja' theme.

From left to right. I use the razor saw to take out big chunks quickly and cleanly. The blade currently on the handle is my favorite for shaving things down evenly. The small saw blade for tight areas. The scribe to scratch out lines. Standard Exacto for shaving in tight areas.. An emery board. This is the first time I used one of those for body work, and it worked great for shaping, and particularly for leveling. I call it my leveling stick now. Super glue, and a little worn out piece of sandpaper I used to finish sand.
crazydave's Gallery
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

excellent man! I love it! If there's any a shell of yours that wants some serious headlights on it it's that biatch right thar!

:smile:

ph2t.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

nice work dave!
looks like a real nice job - I dig the shave too - subtle, but just right.

she's gonna look great after you picasso it
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I don't have the balls or the tools to do that. I enjoy seeing the work from you guys. I'm always like *sigh* I wish I cud do that.

Great work keep it up. All of you.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

hue35 wrote: it looks less like a mini truck, and moe like a '99 Siverado. Nice work.

Definitely. Damn dave.....How do you find the time? Another fine creation from the shop! What color?
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Yeah man, stick with the Baja theme, never seen a bit done like that.......

Lot's Of Lights 8)

http://www.off-road.com/toc/
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Alright, it's mostly done. I might go back and add more details later, but I'm satified for now.

I was being distracted by my kid, so I got a little sloppy, but I'm still really happy with the way it came out. Pretty much the way I pictured it.

Got a chance to take it out on the Baja this morning before work, check it out.

I made the brush guard, and roll bars from some jumbo colored paper clips. The plastic coating bonds great to super glue, and the scale seems about dead on. I highly reccomend them for all your roll cage needs.

I was going to put some racing decals on, but I figure it not quite a race truck, it's more of a pre-runner.
crazydave's Gallery
Miva
bitThug

Post by Miva »

:greenblob: Very nice!!!

I'm shocked how fast you finished the car :shock:

Miva