Project bBaja Pickup (WIP)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

That looks awesome dave. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

GODDAMN CAVEY! That is the Shizzle 4 Rizzle !

I like the hell outta this one Pimp! Beautiful work Mang! Just beautiful !!!!
Pick me up so weez can go up in da utha Hoods!
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Wow man, that was fast as hell. That paint job is the shit... I really dig the contrast. Beautiful truck, crazydave.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Thats awesome, dave!

I dig the paintjob.

/Evo
Do i need a better signature?
denden1
bitHood

Post by denden1 »

Very Nice Dave !! That was a quick turnover . I can't seem to find the
time to finish my cars . I have at least 7 cars started .
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I also gotta say, that brush guard is awesome. You did a perfect job making it look scale... nice design, too. I wanna see that thing in action.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. I'm digging the crap out of this one too.

You guys think finished this one quick, I stretched this one out over 3 days. I did That Cali-Beetle in a day. I have to work quick. I have trouble sleeping if I know something out there is half finished, and my attention shifts very fast, so I have to finish before I lose focus.

The paint scheme is intentionally contrasting. I wanted a race inspired theme, and race theme are contrasting to grab your attention. Really a good theme would have more contrast of colors, with some red or yellow in there, but I was just working with what I had. It's cool though, because it fits in with the theme of a race inspired street driven truck.

I'm really proud of the brush guard, and I gotta tell ya, it came together naturally. I was practicing on a pink one, and accidently got it nearly perfect when I was try to straighten the clip out. So I held the blue one next to it as a guide when I bent it. Also note that the bottom angle follows through to the angle on the chassis, so it should act as a functional skidplate.

You guys will be seeing this in action. There is a pile of dirt in front of my apartment complex, and this chassis was purpose built to go romping in it...so stay tuned for the vid.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

mate, you are one obsesive bastard! I love it! The bullbar (what we call it down under) is fricken brilliant. there is nothing I love more than seeing something done for the first time and on top of that, done really well also! :smile:

did you mask the different layers for that effect or handpaint?

cheers,

ph2t.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I'm starting to think that Dave doesn't sleep much. Either that or he's superhuman. Super clean job Dave!

:eek:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks ph2t. A 'bullbar' huh? That's interesting. You know the origin of that? You guys just knock them bulls out of your way?

Yeah I used my usual masking technique to do the paint. I rough sketched the graphics on the car, then scanned them in, and perfected them in photoshop. I laid the white primer, masked the lighter blue, then masked and layed the dark blue on top of it.

@Hiroto, I don't sleep much. Not since we had a kid anyways. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

im digin tha paint man very nice job in such a short time.

'bullbar' huh? That's interesting. You know the origin of that? You guys just knock them bulls out of your way?
there for the out back when a kangaroo hops in front of ya you can still keep on driving and not get any damage, i think thats right :???:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

What can I say, it's one of my favorites so far dood. Very cool, and original... Great job.

Nice touch with the knobby tires;)

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:What can I say, it's one of my favorites so far dood. Very cool, and original... Great job.

Nice touch with the knobby tires;)

silla :D
Thanks. I've had these knobbies forever. Been trying to do something with them, but nothing was quite right, but now they have a home.

@Brendan123, Thanks for the explanation. If a male kangaroo is called a bull, then that makes sense to me.
crazydave's Gallery
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

nah they call a male kangaroo a male kangaroo i have no idea why they call it a bull bar i think it is kill a bull or something. i have no idea :?
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

The reason it's called a Bull Bar is because that's what it resembles and it's suppose to have the strength of a bull. Should be made of heavier steel than a Brush/Bush bar. Made for the purpose ramming like a bull and protection.