Video: Baja Trippin' (Trippin' in the dirt)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Video: Baja Trippin' (Trippin' in the dirt)

Post by crazydave »

I shot most this last weekend, and I just finally got it together. I got a little sloppy with the edit, because this is the first time I really used this Ulead program, but it came out pretty good for the most part. I had the song in mind when I arranged it, but I was surprised how well it actually synced.

So if you're ready to hit the dirt, click on the pic for the 5mb, 3min. Windows Media clip.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:lol: that had reservoir dogs all over it, I loved it! lol
you gots a nice little baja buggy man - it cranks

cool vid
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks. :-)

Yep that truck actually kicks some butt. It's amazing what you can do with a pile of parts.
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

LMAO..... That vid is the shit CD.. I love it. Everything about that was cool.

I'd love to make a hard pack clay track for my bits and ZZs so I can get busy....lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That was excellent! I loved the slow-mo scenes. Some of those shots looked like a real car. Thumbs up!
Miva
bitThug

Post by Miva »

:eek: Nice!

For me the best part is at the end when audio and video are synchronized.

Cheers
Miva
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

nice video, I was amazed how it got over them rocks all most the same size of the truck, and i like the slow mo bit's. I also use ulead and i havnt figured out to do the slow mo bit's! how do u do it?
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

bloody brilliant clip man, I like it!

ph2t.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:I'd love to make a hard pack clay track for my bits and ZZs so I can get busy....
Yeah i forgot to tell you guys about the track. I made the track by taking a 4" wide paint brush, and using that to to brush away all the loose dirst and rocks, and get down to the hard stuff. In doing so I also happened to form my barriers. I then dumped a gallon of water over the whole thing, and got it good and flooded. Went away for a few hours to let it soak in. Then when I came back I brushed it off again, and sprayed it with a spray bottle.

The track was actually a partial success. It worked because the bits could run on it with out getting hardly any dust in them, as long as I sprayed it down every 15 minutes or so. It was a little too much for the cars though. The monster hill made it more a hill climb than a race track, and there was too many rocks in that area, that made it difficult to get the surface smooth enough for the bit to pass through cleanly. I think if I find an area with more clay, and less rocks, I should be able to make the perfect track. I'm already planning the sequel...
brenden123 wrote:I also use ulead and i havnt figured out to do the slow mo bit's! how do u do it?
I don't use Ulead for that. I use Quicktime Pro to export as a image sequence, then I load the image sequence at 2 frames per sec. The original is 29 frames per sec.

Well thanks guys. Glad you guys like it, that definately gives me incentive to do more.
crazydave's Gallery
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Nice... that truck is awesome, crazydave. Dick Dale?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hue35 wrote: Dick Dale?
Oh yeah, I forgot the music credit.

Yep, Dick Dale. It's an outtake of "The Victor" from Greatest Hits 1961-1976.
crazydave's Gallery
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

wasn't one of his tracks at the start of the film Pulp Fiction?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yep, miserlou (sp?). got to see him live once, fooking amazing!! and i've got one of his unmelted picks! :smile:
i used to be cool
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

That shit was awesome dave. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

I was grinnin through the whole thing. My favorite parts were the slo-mo of the truck doing wheelies and catching air. Looked like the baja-bars functioned well.
The secret to life is Raku