Nothin special

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Nothin special

Post by SuperFly »

I got this new $4.00 pullback body last week, opened up one of my $10 original MicroSizers, threw in a $1.50 mystery 3.8, lowered the tabs, teal gears from a $1.25 Hop up kit (Target sale), spring suspension, painted wheels, stock tires. Less than 2 hours and $20 and I've got a great new racer.

I might add a little detail and clearcoat, but this one's gonna be a driver. The Murcialago is one of the nicest stock body/paint I've seen, gonna leave it like that. I drove it a bit last night, and I don't even think it needs mosfets.

filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

Low cost , low effort , and fantastic results what more can you ask for !
Sweet set up man! Is that paint metallic or is it just the glare?
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That is slick, and that's cool you did it with minimum investment.

I dig that color, is it that same shade of lime in real life?

I'm sure it don't need FETs, none of my cars really need FETs, but a car like that shure does deserve to be as fast as it looks. You should do what I do, just swap out the N-channel FETs. Still looks stock, and gives it just enough punch to keep up with the Super-Bits. That's my favorite set up for racing.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

crazydave wrote:That is slick, and that's cool you did it with minimum investment.

I dig that color, is it that same shade of lime in real life?I'm sure it don't need FETs, none of my cars really need FETs, but a car like that shure does deserve to be as fast as it looks. You should do what I do, just swap out the N-channel FETs. Still looks stock, and gives it just enough punch to keep up with the Super-Bits. That's my favorite set up for racing.
Yup ! I just got mine Saturday and Blimey, it's Limey :-(

Nice Ride SF! Looks like a runner to me!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:That is slick, and that's cool you did it with minimum investment.

I'm sure it don't need FETs, none of my cars really need FETs, but a car like that shure does deserve to be as fast as it looks. You should do what I do, just swap out the N-channel FETs. Still looks stock, and gives it just enough punch to keep up with the Super-Bits. That's my favorite set up for racing.
Can you point me to a diagram?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Thanks for the props, guys. 8-)

Because hue35 and I regularly race eachother, it pays to have cars that drive exceptionally well and won't cause any tears if the paint gets destroyed. The other ones like this (2 Supras, 1 NSX and a couple Skylines) are mostly stock cosmetically as well. It's amazing how much damage we do to eachother in just one triple-charge race.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:

Can you point me to a diagram?
I don't think you need a diagram. Ya know how when you do the FET mod, 2 are direct swaps, and 2 need to be flipped? The direct swap ones are N-channel, and the flipped ones are P-channel. Just do the the 2 that swap right out, and skip the flipped ones.

I call that my "Track Tuned FET mod", since it's easier to get around the track when your front wheels stay on the ground. I also call that my "Cheater FET mod", 'cause, as I said, it looks stock. ;)

You're actually the one that gave me the idea to do it that way, I'm surprised you haven't tried it already. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Post by mekinhux »

"Nothin Special"... :???: I think it looks very OK!!! She has got the looks... I would go for the performance now... IMVHO :-)
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Damnit... That's a great car man.. i can't believe that I still don't have one yet.

Don't they make one that's orange? :???: I gots to get me one.

Yours looks fast as shit dood.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I got to see that thing come together before I could even sort out my new stuff from TE... it's beautiful. Funny thing is, with teal gears and one of these mystery 3.8s we got, the thing flies... it's got plenty of torque and top end, and it handles great... it drives like it looks (I was jealous, so he let me take it for a pity spin). I wouldn't change a damn thing.
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

exactly, nice job superfly.
my order from Toyeast just came in with the murcielago batt chase set and a few other parts. The paint is metallic, and the mold isn't too bad considering what i see on my Jota pullback. I'll post up some pics later.