Muscle Tuners Wheels

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Finks
bitPimp

Muscle Tuners Wheels

Post by Finks »

Just came back from Wally World and picked up two Muscle Tuners, one for my son, and one for me to hack to bits. They have some great minor details that I am gonna rip off (muffler, interior, and air foil to say the leaste) What I was really wanting tho, was the wheels. Has anyone sucessfully put Muscle Tuners weels onto a bit? I am gonna try either way in a few days, first need to wait for my son to forget about em cuz at the moment he likes daddies car as well. :?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

aint the tires hard plastic?
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Nope, they are rubber. You can even take em off if you mod the back just a smidge. Also, unlike most diecasts you can soooo easily take em apart. One or two screws in the bottom and you have easy access to all it's goodness.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Arite here they are, blazin on my soon to be Del Sol chassis. The tires were cool and could be used, but were a little slicker than Clone tires and those blow so went w/ MS ones. This mod was VERY easy, the only fear I have is that the plastic is soft and could after much wear and tear loosen.
This one gives a feel for the true color.
And this one lets you see them shiny red shoes 8-)
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Those wheels are fuckin awesome..... They look great on the car aswell.

How does it handle?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Would love to say like it was on rails, but if you check my other post in this section you will see that just aint true. Now it does handle better than all of my other rides but will pull left after 2 feet a bit. Am I looking for to much from my rides or should it ride more true? Either way I urge all of yall to try this mod out.
Suck My Bits
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

one reason for the car pulling one way with custom wheels is one front wheel may be sticking out a little further than the other, eg left wheel sticks out = left pull. or lubricate the wheel on the inside of the turn. i use powdered graphite because it doesn't attract dirt and dust. grey lead pencils are graphite, just scrape a little off with a hobby knife. otherwise you may have to tighten up the steering spring or even add another. good luck wif dem noo shoos!
i used to be cool
DarkTari
bitPimp

Re: Muscle Tuners Wheels

Post by DarkTari »

Finks wrote:Just came back from Wally World and picked up two Muscle Tuners, one for my son, and one for me to hack to bits. They have some great minor details that I am gonna rip off (muffler, interior, and air foil to say the leaste) What I was really wanting tho, was the wheels. Has anyone sucessfully put Muscle Tuners weels onto a bit? I am gonna try either way in a few days, first need to wait for my son to forget about em cuz at the moment he likes daddies car as well. :?
Wally World ! :eek: I always thought that was a fictional Amusement Park made up for the Family Vacation Movie (Chevy Chase)
Anyways the wheels are awsome Pimp! I usually modify them to fit ZZ hubs and mount. They are very true and I've only had to slightly modify certain body's on Bits.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Muscle Tuners Wheels

Post by crazydave »

DarkTari wrote:
Finks wrote:Just came back from Wally World and picked up two Muscle Tuners, one for my son, and one for me to hack to bits. They have some great minor details that I am gonna rip off (muffler, interior, and air foil to say the leaste) What I was really wanting tho, was the wheels. Has anyone sucessfully put Muscle Tuners weels onto a bit? I am gonna try either way in a few days, first need to wait for my son to forget about em cuz at the moment he likes daddies car as well. :?
Wally World ! :eek: I always thought that was a fictional Amusement Park made up for the Family Vacation Movie (Chevy Chase)
LOL, you silly guy DT. I'm pretty sure that is the origin of the nickname given to Walmart, but you knew that, right? :lol:
Anyways the wheels are awsome Pimp! I usually modify them to fit ZZ hubs and mount. They are very true and I've only had to slightly modify certain body's on Bits.
So are you saying that you shave the fronts off Zip Zaps wheels, and just glue the dubs to those? If so that's a really good idea, probably saves a lot of hassle trying to get everything spinning true.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I shave them to make them fit the ZZ hubs, just like the original ZZ caps, no glue. They're true every time!
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

you got an pics of one of those done up?
I am in the middle of some serious dubbing and ama curious. :???:
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Check my RX7 in flossin I thew down a how to w/ Zips there.
Suck My Bits
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

filelicker wrote:you got an pics of one of those done up?
I am in the middle of some serious dubbing and ama curious. :???:
Shur Do !

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... m=35&pos=2
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... =35&pos=12

And I'm using standard Bit tyres. (rears)

Here's How..........................

1st - File down the axle nub flat.
2nd - Using a wide file, lay the file on a flat surface, take the wheel
(outside end up) and move it back & forth across the file to file the
wheel to the same thickness as a ZZ hub.
3rd - Drill out the middle to accommodate the ZZ hub center.
4th - Now use a Micro file, at an angle, and file down the wheel diameter
evenly to fit inside the ZZ hub.

D O N E !