Heavy Chevy

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Heavy Chevy

Post by crazydave »

Gave my new SE Chevelle the 70s street rod treatment.

Lowered the front tab. Put some plain alloys on back to simulate Centerlines. Used the muscle car hub caps from the Camaro on the front.

I love the look of a tunnel ram poking out with a couple 4-barrels and topped off with velocity stacks. I thrice questioned my sanity in hacking the hood of my cool new body. So I decided the motor had to be perfect. I pulled it from a Johny Lightening diecast. I trimmed off the extra chrome flashing. Scratched out some areas to give it depth. Painted the thing in back red and black. The velocity stacks were flat on top, with a big nasty molding line. I carved out the tops. Painted them in silver, and put a dot of black in the center to give them depth. I colored the carbs black then painted them gold to give them that funky Holly color.

After all the detailing, I thought it looked great, so then I had to cut out the hood, and I'm glad I did.

I topped it off with the epitome of 70s coolness. Side pipes.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

That car is, not cool, not retro, but i think it is EXTRORDINARY! Great job Dave!

-mike
DillonM
bitHood

Post by DillonM »

thats sick man,

where and how did you do that rear wheel mod,

looks fast just sittin there,

i wish i could do work like that :sad:
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Great car!! I love the classics all Pimped out............
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

holy damn
she's tough looking, love it.

motor looks great too.
now stop modding these new bodies I haven't even gotten a chance to touch yet - no fair! lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Wow! That is so cool. I love that the exposed part of the engine is somewhat scale, not like the cartoonish Muscle Machines (which I love in a different way). I also like the different finishes you put on it, makes it look real. Now all you need is a really small tachometer to put out there on the hood and your 1/4 mile time written with a bar of soap on the window. And a mullet. :-)
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Damn nice dave. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:holy damn
she's tough looking, love it.

motor looks great too.
now stop modding these new bodies I haven't even gotten a chance to touch yet - no fair! lol
Thanks. :-)

I was waiting to get this body, and I already knew what I wanted to look like. So I was putting a hole in the hood with in 24 hours after I got it.

Now stop complaining and run down to RS and get your own! :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:Wow! That is so cool. I love that the exposed part of the engine is somewhat scale, not like the cartoonish Muscle Machines (which I love in a different way). I also like the different finishes you put on it, makes it look real. Now all you need is a really small tachometer to put out there on the hood and your 1/4 mile time written with a bar of soap on the window. And a mullet. :-)
Aww man, I missed this when I was typing my post.

I glad you dig on the engine. You know how those die-cast motors tend to look like blobs of chrome, with flashing hanging off everywhere? I spent half the day detailing the motor.

Good call on the the tach, and e.t. soaped up in the window. I hadn't considered that, that'd be perfect. I'll have to pass on the mullet. :lol:

Thanks Sezziz. :-)
crazydave's Gallery
Mini RC Man
bitThug

Post by Mini RC Man »

I love that car! I just cant stop staring at it! :shock:
Sup yall!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

dude you made me spill beer on my pants.

Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

All I can say is :shock:

you never cease to amaze me man....and you should definitely reconsider the mullet :lol:
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. Sorry about the pants there, Hog. Ya better set that beer down when you see the car I'm working for the mod contest. ;)

I went through my mullet thing, I'd rather not revisit that.
crazydave's Gallery
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I was just thinkin', how hard would it be to cut down the other 2 alloys(narrow) for the front for the matched "bigs 'n littles" look? Would it be worth it? You guys paid like 15 bucks a set for them, right? I've been picturing it since the night you posted the car, but I guess then that set of rims would have to be dedicated to the car... or at least the SE hot rod bodies.
Speaking of, I picked up the Hemi 'Cuda/Boss Mustang body set for my SE a few nights ago, and they look sweet. The tunnel ram thingy on the hood of the 'Cuda is a seperate piece. Got me thinkin' about stickin' a blower through there....
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

Pretty nice dave.

I think it would look even cooler if ya'd painted it. :-)