Heavy Chevy

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Great lookin' car....

I wanna see it race a MOPAR in the 1/4 mile!!! I think it'll lose.

MOPAR rulez.......
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

@Bird, I have a pair of alloys that I narrowed up for the front. The aluminum is soft enough it's fairly easy. I just rubbed it on 400 grit sand paper for a bit.

I came real close to putting those ones there, but I've been looking at a bunch of cars from the 70s, and they all have that mis-matched rim thing going, so I wanted do do something like that.

@Son_Gokou, Ya know I love to paint, but I happen to like black, I dig stripes on muscle cars, and I really dig the Chevelle/SS logos. So I decided to accent what was there.

@sg219, lol, Yeah dude them Dodges always look good on paper, but they're heavy mugs. Figure no one at the strip is completely stock, so with a little warming over a Chevy could easily take a Dodge, and personally, if you ask me, they look a hell of lot better doing it. I never cared for Dodge/Plymouths boxy designs.

The '69/'70 Chevelle/El Caminos where available with the 397. Based off the same block design as the 427, it has excellent power to weight ratio, and is one of Chevy's best motors.

So bring on your Dodges, I'm not scared. :lol:

In fact I think I'm coming after Payaso's hoosier Challenger. Hey Payaso you got your pink slip (or RS reciept) ready?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

I would challenge you brotha', but you did the work on my cars.....sooooo....I'm keeping my mouth shut :grin:
but I am confident enough to take on anyone else out there...bring it foo' :lol:
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:

In fact I think I'm coming after Payaso's hoosier Challenger. Hey Payaso you got your pink slip (or RS reciept) ready?
I thought I had replied to this, but now I really have to. Not only is that thing ready, but I gots some ghetto footage of it with CW. You did a fantastic job on that Chevelle man.

The reciept is ready, and has been signed. You got yours?

I feel like I'm in the movie "Grease" lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

You guys are just lucky we live so far apart, or I'd own all your cars... 8)
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

well some punk at Bennigans in St. Pete Beach, Florida will stomp all them cars cuz he stole mine :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

crazydave wrote:@Son_Gokou, Ya know I love to paint, but I happen to like black, I dig stripes on muscle cars, and I really dig the Chevelle/SS logos. So I decided to accent what was there.
Wow, I'm noticed! :lol: -jk

But really; how did you go about lowering the front tab? Did you adjust the tab on the chassis, or did you carve a slot in the car shell?
jmays
bitGangsta'

nice

Post by jmays »

i just love everything about and would not change a thing except a tach and the soap bar numbers on the windows, i need to know where are the alloys comeing from cause i have been looking all over the net and come up empty handed every time. man if i get some alloys i might really go freaky on some mods. love the car its awsome to say the least. y r the pimp master, i quit...lol

J
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:You guys are just lucky we live so far apart, or I'd own all your cars... 8)
Hmmm, dem sounds like fightin' words. :???:

Looks like I'm gonna have to leave the wife kid, so I can go on tour to take ya all out. :lol:
Son_Gokou wrote:But really; how did you go about lowering the front tab? Did you adjust the tab on the chassis, or did you carve a slot in the car shell?
I cut the tab off and make a new one. That seem the most practical way to me.
I feel like I'm in the movie "Grease" lol
Just saw that the other day, that's probably what got me started on the whole "pink slip" thing. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Yeah, I was watching it too....lol I can't wait to get some $$$ rollin so I can get back up to speed here. i need about 5 cars.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Killer Chevy, crazydave. The detail you put into the engine is incredible.

sg219 wrote:I wanna see it race a MOPAR in the 1/4 mile!!! I think it'll lose.

MOPAR rulez.......
Dude, by the time yer "MOPAR" got off the line, the big block Chevy would smokin' a victory bowl...

Bring yer pink slip, soze I got somethin' to trade for a case of Pabst.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

hue35 wrote:
sg219 wrote:I wanna see it race a MOPAR in the 1/4 mile!!! I think it'll lose.

MOPAR rulez.......
Dude, by the time yer "MOPAR" got off the line, the big block Chevy would smokin' a victory bowl...

Bring yer pink slip, soze I got somethin' to trade for a case of Pabst.
...mmmm.....BEER!!!!....Hell, If you make it Rolling Rock, I'll trade ya!!!!!!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Nice Hue!

I must know where you got dem fatties for rear tires.
crazydave's Gallery
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

sg219 wrote:[...mmmm.....BEER!!!!....Hell, If you make it Rolling Rock, I'll trade ya!!!!!!
Thanks, but I'll keep the beer. 8-)

crazydave wrote:Nice Hue!

I must know where you got dem fatties for rear tires.

Thanks, man... the fatties came from the the black motorworks muscle car thing. I've been saving them for the right car, and this is the one! Lots and lots of shaving later, they actually clear the body. They're so much bigger in diameter, they actually make the car run like it's runnin' KIT Racer gears... it's running orange gears. And dual cells and mosfets.

...mopar... :roll:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Aww man, that's crazy, those the same tires I'm running with one of my Camaro bodies. It just didn't look the same.

I gotta drop the rear end. That looks bad ass the way it tucks into the wheel well.
crazydave's Gallery