Honda del Smooth

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

What was said in that talk on wheels? I have a bunch of wheels from Muscle Tuners, Dubs, etc. that I want to stick on axles and knuckles. I also have some alloys that I haven't put together yet. I've never been able to get any sort of wheel/tire mod to perform as well as stock, and I'll take any advice I can get.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Finks wrote: I am into this hobby way to much and I 100% blame this site, and couldn't be happier.
I feel you, Finks. That sums it all up for me, too.

Sounds like you need to drop a tutorial. I've been wonderin' how to get that to work, too.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:What was said in that talk on wheels? I have a bunch of wheels from Muscle Tuners, Dubs, etc. that I want to stick on axles and knuckles. I also have some alloys that I haven't put together yet. I've never been able to get any sort of wheel/tire mod to perform as well as stock, and I'll take any advice I can get.
I'm totally digging where you're coming from. Alloys, and pullbacks do wonders for grip and stabilty, but because the design of the bits steering system is so weak, steering becomes slightly erratic, due to both the extra weight, and the extra grip.

But I have had great luck with Dub City wheels. The hardest, trickiest part about it is mountin them true. What I do is put the rear axle in the chassis when I mount them, and while the glue is drying, I spin it, making slight adjustments along the way. That technique is only about 98% accurate, but I've discovered most bit axles aren't much better from the factory.

To hold the stock tires on, I use shaved down bit rims to widen the wheel, them I wrap a piece of craft wire down the center, and glue that into place, to not only hold the tires on, but to raise the center of the tire up even with the edges.

I guarantee that my cars running the Dubs, perform just as well as stock.

You could also do what I just found out DT does, shave them down to fit inside Zip Zap rims, in place of the original hubcap.

BTW, Finks I'm with Payaso, I wasn't sure until I saw the comparison, but damn, you nailed it. Guess it probably helped owning the real car as a reference.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I've been meaning to give you props on your del sol, but I'm a slacker. Anyway, yesterday I saw one parked and looked it over thoroughly. Dude, you nailed that shit... that's some great work. It's clear this was a project that meant a little somethin' extra to you... lots of care went into the littlest details.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

well put hue, my sentiments exactly.
Finks, you've done a great job - she's beautiful.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

so fresh and so clean, clean!!