not so mellow yellow , dual cell fliped pcb zz

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
micro_man
bitPlaya'

not so mellow yellow , dual cell fliped pcb zz

Post by micro_man »

ok heres my dual cell story , i had been dual celling clones , but ruining there rear ends due to the power and i was sick of it so i decided to dual cell a zz. i didnt want the batt hanging out the back , so i fliped the pcb( solderd the wiers the the other side ) made a dual cell pack , and a custom carger . then the fun began , no body would fit with out mods . so i used a yellow rx7(only body i felt like hacking up) cut a whole in the windshild so th pcb componets wold fit , shaved the light mouts after removing the lights and put on a few decals . after all that it ran like a dream , faster than any of my dual cell clones ,and more stable. any way what do you guys thing ? this is my first non clone dual cell, and im happy with it , but id like to add a 2 speed pcb .....
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's pretty slick, but couple things, for one that rear end in that Zip Zap is gonna wear out too, that's the price we pay for speed.

Also you should snag the PCB from one of them clones you killed. That way not only do you not have to cut a hole in the body, but you can actually cram it all under the PCB cover and keeping it some what stock looking.

At any rate, I'm sure you'll have fun with it, dual cell Zip Zaps are my favorite micros.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
micro_man
bitPlaya'

Post by micro_man »

yeah i was gona pcb swap but i decided i wanted it to be 49 mhz for the best range , and i dont have a 49 mhz clone or ms pcb thats not being used . yeah i figuerd the rear end of the zz woud go bad , but i figured it would last loger that a $7 wallgreens clone , 1 night of hard driveing a dual cell charg-n-go or presious ( same thing , or have exact same parts bodys decals and markinks) and the drive gear side of the rear end is shot .....the zz took a 2 and a half hour thrash fest in my 3 stall grage and is still going strong , that wold kill any clone i dual celled . so far so good , aslo i seen your pro stocker camero , and other insane zzs , thats what drove me to do a dual cel zz instead of ms , and im glad i did !
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

Nice work, it looks cool.

I'd recommend tri-celling it, but one thing I don't get is how the rear end will wear out, unless it's from the heat of the motor or the gears and axle causing friction....:-)

Again, good job, it looks sweet. :shock:
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i suggest ignorning charlie!!! yes he is good at reading shit in one post and posting it on another forum acting like he knows what hes talking about. then again you all know this.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Dumbass said
one thing I don't get is how the rear end will wear out, unless it's from the heat of the motor or the gears and axle causing
Crazy D 1st noted tho...
for one that rear end in that Zip Zap is gonna wear out too, that's the price we pay for speed.
Great job bro and as far as Gokuo goes... :stfu_taco:
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah, bl blah blah!! blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah?
:-(
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

lol :-)

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
micro_man
bitPlaya'

Post by micro_man »

crap my pic host is down so i will link you over to mrcc to see the car http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/inde ... ntry217009