CarToons influenced Camaro

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

CarToons influenced Camaro

Post by crazydave »

This was quicky I did yesterday. I didn't want to get too far distracted from my Pro Stocker project, so I threw it together pretty quick.

Remember that old magazine CarToons? I think it's still around, anyways that not what I set out to do...

...I started out planning a Cabo inspired 'vert, but then tossed it aside when I realized how much work it was. Then inspired by my new fatty Zip Zap wheels, I started fiddling with it again. When I held the two halve together I thought the long hood line made it look like a Top Fuel Funny Car. So I sanded the back at a slight angle towards the front, to accent that funny car look. Then glued the halves together.

I went out to the mall looking for a decent blower witha injector scoop, but came home with nothing. I did see a picture of a CarToons magazine on a Muscle Machines box, so when i looked at it again, that's what it reminded me of, so I decided to just go for the goofy hot rod look.

I painted it just like a car that's been lurking about my hood, it's a '68 SS 327. It freakin' cherry, and it's been giving me a boner, so this is my tribute to it. I dig it.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

You achieved the look you were after!The shortening job was perfect.And I really love that color. Very nice indeed crazy dave , could be next the next ROTW.I have to get a set of those fattys !I don't know if CARTOONS has comeback or not , I know they went out in the early to mid ninties and there is good market for the old issues on ebay.
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

holy dope!
dude that thing rocks - I can't believe you were able to keep the windows and top on without it looking too squished.
frickin excellent man
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. :-)
I can't believe you were able to keep the windows and top on without it looking too squished.
:???: I think they are kinda squished looking, we've just gotton so used to seeing bits. :???:

Any any rate, there's a few reasons I got away with it, the Camaro has a flatter (more level?) top than the Challenger. It's cut at an angle starting behind the front windshield, and right up to the bottom edge of the rear wheel well. I also spent a lot of time sanding the roof flat, and markered in the windows so they gave the slight illusion of being longer. (A mm here and there makes a big difference. ;) )
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

word, looks way less squished than when I first started on mine

so drop top she was
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Jimmy Castor Bunch !

Post by DarkTari »

As the Troglodyte would say......."Me Like Cavey!, Me Liiike ! :bowdown:
TMP
bitGangsta'

Post by TMP »

thats pretty beefy dark :grin:
The METALLIC Pimp.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks DT, glad you like... but what's a Troglodyte? :?
crazydave's Gallery
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

You tryin' to have a ride for every bracket at the strip?

Wicked, as always, man. Awesome color for it, too. And the subtle use of decals... true street.

I had a few issues of CarToons handed down to me by a cousin in Ohio when I was a kid, and I loved them. Never could find any more after that.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird wrote:You tryin' to have a ride for every bracket at the strip?
:???: Not intentionally, but I guess I have been into the muscle cars lately...
Wicked, as always, man. Awesome color for it, too. And the subtle use of decals... true street.

I had a few issues of CarToons handed down to me by a cousin in Ohio when I was a kid, and I loved them. Never could find any more after that.
CarToons showed up at my grocery store one time when I was a kid, then disappeared. I read that one issue over and over. I thought about subscribing, but never did. I wish I did now.
crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

crazydave wrote:Thanks DT, glad you like... but what's a Troglodyte? :?
From my limited understanding it's a cave man.

Remember that from the Trogg's oldies hit Wild Thing.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Auight Cavey, let's hop in da Way Back Machine..........1974

Do U remember the Jimmy Castor Bunch?
The Burtha Butt Boogie, EMan, King Kong ?

Troglodyte: Prehistoric tree dwellers.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/st ... 58-8513421
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Nah, never heard of the Jimmy Castor Bunch, but dig on that groovy album cover. :lol:

These guys must have been an influence on Sir Mixalot.

Hey Cabo, I'm looking at your Dodge, and I'm seeing it was pure luck, that my roof worked out. I only cut it crooked because of the way the body sat in my miter box, but imagine the cut line starting forwards of yours, just behind the the front window trim, and ending right on the front corner on the rear wheel well. See how that would make the middle go back to right about where the body swoops up under the windows?

Because of where the cut layed, that allowed me to angle the rear end upwards, with out bending the straight edges, and just accentted the natural swoosh that's already there. Looking at your car made me realize how angling the rear end up, would also bring the roof closer to level.

Then with the flattening of the roof, and re-drawing of the windows, I'm totally seeing how this could work for the Dodge.
crazydave's Gallery
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

That's awesome crazydave... yeah, the way the roof and the side windows came together is beautiful, that new roof line almost reminds me of a Cheetah (like my old T-Jet slot car). I bought every issue of CarToons from about 1977-1983... I loved that mag more than MAD. I wish I still had them.

DT!!... I have almost every piece of Jimmy Castor Vinyl ever made, I love that stuff. That disc you showed is the one to have... great shit.
Last edited by hue35 on Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

That is crazy sleek CD. Seamless, honestly at fisrt look I was like, what is it that's different w/ that Zip.... He didn't "Just" paint a Zip and add the PHat rear wheels? I should have smacked myself for thinking that of you man. That ride is naughty.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc