It's painted Black, and it's fast, period

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

It's painted Black, and it's fast, period

Post by crazydave »

Here's the story behind this car. I do special projects in 27 and 49mhz,, and I keep a racer car in each frequency. This is my first 45mhz car. It's a Precious, which I immediately FET modded, and threw a Perfection 3.8 in it to keep with my other racer cars, then it sat.

Superfly had hooked me up with a KIT racer, one with red gears, and matching front wheels, but the idler had been lost, so I haven't used it. Then DarK Tari hooked me up with a KIT racer that has the faster green gears, but the hard front wheels, so now I had the matching front wheels, and the fastest gearing. I had to put it together.

Running this gearing with FETs, is pretty sick, like a dual cell car, but the torque from the FETs is lost, I'm gonna be stacking these FETs real soon.

So anyways, getting to the point, I dug through my body box looking for a body for this car, but nothing looked fats enough. Nothing fancy, it just had to look fast.

So I just took a RX-7 body and painted it black, now, to me, it looks fast.

It may seem kinda plain jane, but there's some subtle stuff going on. I shaved the liscense plate holder up front, reshaped the wing for a stealthier look, lowered the front tab, so the front end didn't seem so high. Sanded the sway bar down, and shave the inside of the hood so the suspension would still work to full travel, and I also had to widen the KIT racer rear axle, don't seem like much, but that bitch didn't want to come apart, and I blistered my hand yanking on it.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Looks Good man, Plain jane is not always bad, well for some people it is, but I mena You pulled it off, Keep it pimp'n! :cool:
DRIFT HAPPENS
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Damn Dave, she's gorgeous! I'd like to take 'er out for a spin :cool:
grnmachnracr
bitPlaya'

Post by grnmachnracr »

Looking wicked hot dave! dude, i wish i had 1/100000000000000000th of your skill, your stuff just makes my insides :-(

btw, on the second pic, the camber looks a little off...
1 t-maxx, 1 i-waver S2k, 1 350z Xmod, 1 Supra epoch , 4 zz's, around 30 clones, and stuff...
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that arizona sun looks hot as hell on the car.
I love it.
glad to see someone getting back to the roots too.

nice work on the tail lights bro, frickin small ass circles.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That is badass! I love it. You know that's my style.

Sorry for being a fuckin retard on sending you that red idler. PM me your new address and I'll get on it. The red gears vs. the green gears is the difference between useability within the range of the car, plus they work fine with just regular mosfets.

I'm sitting here digging on your pictures, and it dawns on me, YOU GOT A NEW CAMERA!!! :-D
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:that arizona sun looks hot as hell on the car.
I love it.
And that's the indirect sunlight coming in through my bedroom. You should see it outside. :shock:

It's freakin' melt your skin hot outside today. :-(

Superfly wrote:I'm sitting here digging on your pictures, and it dawns on me, YOU GOT A NEW CAMERA!!!
I was hoping someone would notice. Isn't it great!!! :-D

It's basically a direct replacement. Later model #, identical features, more compact size, but the pictures look so much better. I'm not even doing anything special, just pointing and shooting.

btw, on the second pic, the camber looks a little off...
Yeah, it probably is. I use an exacto knife to carve my holes, so they're slightly coned shaped. I do that because I've found it the best way to keep my holes centered, and I'd rather have a little play in the front end than have it bouncing around.

In this case I just need to push that pin in a little more, but I used the pic anyways, 'cause I think negative camber looks badass. 8-)

I'm convinced now my old camera was jacked. One of these days, I'm gonna reshoot all my cars.
crazydave's Gallery
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Grats on the new Picture machine Dave and that fine ass ride. The shine off of the paint makes it look like you could light a room with that black. Me likey :grin:

BTW what brand/Model Camera is that?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

That's really nice lookin', dave... really nice. And what a treat to see the new camera in action, I think it's a huge improvement... how about a coupoe of new pics of The Rat and the others? :eek:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hue35 wrote:That's really nice lookin', dave... really nice. And what a treat to see the new camera in action, I think it's a huge improvement... how about a coupoe of new pics of The Rat and the others? :eek:
Oh yeah, you bet, that should been the first thing I took pictures of. It was killing me with all those decals showing off how fuzzy everything is cause you can't read one of them. :roll:
Finks wrote:BTW what brand/Model Camera is that?
It's an Olympus D-390. They run about $150, but do a search, plenty of places have refurbs w/ a factory warranty for around a $100, that's what I scored.

I just went with an Olympus again, because I couldn't find anything else in that price range that took video clips, and I've become kinda attached to that feature.
crazydave's Gallery
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

Damnit CD, that car is just badass....Really nice and neat....and you can't go wrong with a Mazda RX-7. :eek:

Great job on another masterpiece CD.
Last edited by Son_Gokou on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Son_Gokou wrote:I see you FET'ed it also...but lost the torque with a KIT racer gearing...Well, that's expected from KIT gears unless you stack the FETs :lol:
Yeah, that's exactly what he already said.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Gokou's classic art of rehashing info to make it seem like his. I never get tired of him getting called out on that, course I do get tired of him doing it.

Gokou
I see you FET'ed it also...but lost the torque with a KIT racer gearing...Well, that's expected from KIT gears unless you stack the FETs
CD
Running this gearing with FETs, is pretty sick, like a dual cell car, but the torque from the FETs is lost, I'm gonna be stacking these FETs real soon.
The great thing is you convince yourself it's your origional idea. I would love to see your school reports. You would plagerize the Gettysburg address as your own idea.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

:lol:

Here we go again. You got to try to keep that foot out of your mouth, Chuckster.

Anyways, even though you edited your post, I'll respond anyways. You're right that was to be expected, but I had to experience it for myself. See how that works, trying stuff out and learning from experience instead of just regurgitating?

At any rate this car is no slug by any stretch of the imagination, it just has more top end than I have room for.
crazydave's Gallery
filelicker
bitNinja

Re: It's painted Black, and it's fast, period

Post by filelicker »

crazydave wrote:Here's the story behind this car. I do special projects in 27 and 49mhz,, and I keep a racer car in each frequency. This is my first 45mhz car. It's a Precious, which I immediately FET modded, and threw a Perfection 3.8 in it to keep with my other racer cars, then it sat.

Superfly had hooked me up with a KIT racer, one with red gears, and matching front wheels, but the idler had been lost, so I haven't used it. Then DarK Tari hooked me up with a KIT racer that has the faster green gears, but the hard front wheels, so now I had the matching front wheels, and the fastest gearing. I had to put it together.

So anyways, getting to the point, I dug through my body box looking for a body for this car, but nothing looked fats enough. Nothing fancy, it just had to look fast.

So I just took a RX-7 body and painted it black, now, to me, it looks fast.

It may seem kinda plain jane, but there's some subtle stuff going on. I shaved the liscense plate holder up front, reshaped the wing for a stealthier look, lowered the front tab, so the front end didn't seem so high. Sanded the sway bar down, and shave the inside of the hood so the suspension would still work to full travel, and I also had to widen the KIT racer rear axle, don't seem like much, but that bitch didn't want to come apart, and I blistered my hand yanking on it.

I get blisters on my hand from yanking on it too!

Really though , it rocks , very simple and clean .

I get blisters on my hand from yanking on it too!

Really though , it rocks , very simple and clean .
Last edited by filelicker on Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.