Monster Makeover - Take 2

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bit boy wrote:i like it. you can even make a chevy look good :lol:
Hey watch it there guy, don't make me have to run over your toes with my Chevy. :lol:

Well, did the grill detail and;
1. This was hard.
2. Not sure I like it.
3. What do you think?

Keep in mind this twice the size of the actual car, but I wish I could have done it a little neater. I know this aint bad using abrush and being so tiny, but I just wish it was a little more perfect.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

the silver grill is cool but i'm not sure about the headlight trim.
i used to be cool
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

I agree with Betty - Like the grill but not the trim
K.I.S.S.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, after sleeping on it, I really don't like it. The grill does not look right by itself, that why I did the lights.

Oh well that's what cool about detailing with enamel over laquer. With a little mineral spirits and rubbing, it comes right off.
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I dunno, I like it - trim included.
why?
because in my head, those jacked up trucks like that are always flashing chrome, as much as they can.
on this scale it looks a little over crowded I admit, but that's what we got to work with.

on a side note, you guys notice how alot of these RL jacked up trucks with super huge oversized tires and such are like the cleanest vehicles on the road? it's so funny, I see quite a few around here and you can tell they haven't seen a speck of mud a day in their lives. barely even see road dust. dorks. lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

its all about how it looks on the road nowdays (or in the parking spot)
K.I.S.S.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:I dunno, I like it - trim included.
why?
because in my head, those jacked up trucks like that are always flashing chrome, as much as they can.
on this scale it looks a little over crowded I admit, but that's what we got to work with.
I agree, even the real life truck on the trading card had a nice after market chrome tube grill. I think that's the problem, this is the stock grill, aren't they like a charcoal color?

Any rate, it's gone now, maybe I'll try to make it a tube grill by scratching out the upright lines. I'll think about it.
on a side note, you guys notice how alot of these RL jacked up trucks with super huge oversized tires and such are like the cleanest vehicles on the road? it's so funny, I see quite a few around here and you can tell they haven't seen a speck of mud a day in their lives. barely even see road dust. dorks. lol
Yeah, cause most of those trucks would tipover if they hit a dirt clod. It's funny how the offroad look is kinda trendy.

I've even seen quite a few Wranglers, slammed to the ground with extra wide wire wheels around here, and I just can't help but to think, "What a waste of a Jeep"
crazydave's Gallery
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I'll try to make it a tube grill by scratching out the upright lines
PAPERCLIPS :???:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I studied every Chevy that drove by me today. Saw quiite a few older ones with the square front like this. This is not a Chevy front end. Period.

I thought GMC maybe, but no, it's not even quite like a GMC. So I've decided it's best to leave it alone and not draw too much attention to it. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

I believe it may be a bastard child. I think it's a ford front end with a chevy grill. Strange as the real Monster Patrol is on a Dodge.

Later,
Chrome...

PS. I painted my grill as well. I actually used toothpicks instead of a bush. I coated the toothpick and then pushed it over the grill. Looks very nice. The two places where the paint got in between the grill, I used the other end of the toothpick to scratch it out.
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

Nice work CD. No fan of the real MT's here, so anything to make them look less MT-ish I'm down with.

I like w/o the wing, BUT, have you thought about some design for the wing? What about the hood? I dig the bolt, but I think the truck would look great with a few more accents. Just my 2 cents.

The Ford looks fordtastic with the red paint and the black wheels. Beautiful.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks, I agree, it could use a few more accents. I'm figuring some racing decals would fill it out, especially on the wing. I don't want the full on monster look, just more of the local mud bogger, weekend warrior sort of look.

I was also thinking how all the new monsters are mid engine and have no motor sticking out of the hood. I'm kinda thinking I'd like to see a pair of Predator carbs sticking out the hood.
crazydave's Gallery
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

crazydave wrote:Thanks, I agree, it could use a few more accents. I'm figuring some racing decals would fill it out, especially on the wing. I don't want the full on monster look, just more of the local mud bogger, weekend warrior sort of look.
Exactly! That's what I was thinking. But what do I know. One of these days I'm actually going to paint one of my bits. Well, at least the mirrors. :-)
Bit boy
bitGangsta'

Post by Bit boy »

chrome wrote:I believe it may be a bastard child. I think it's a ford front end with a chevy grill. Strange as the real Monster Patrol is on a Dodge.
it was a chevy at first then changed to a dodge.
I'm samrt
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:Thanks, I agree, it could use a few more accents. I'm figuring some racing decals would fill it out, especially on the wing. I don't want the full on monster look, just more of the local mud bogger, weekend warrior sort of look.

I was also thinking how all the new monsters are mid engine and have no motor sticking out of the hood. I'm kinda thinking I'd like to see a pair of Predator carbs sticking out the hood.
Yeah, one of those stupid decals of Calvin pissing on something would be perfect. :-D