Crazydave's Monster Jeep

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Crazydave's Monster Jeep

Post by crazydave »

This poor body. It's been through hell, I'd say.

I've been saving this thing forever for the offroad Zip Zap I was gonna build someday. When got my first Zip Zap monster, This was the first body I tried on it. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but this body doesn't fit very well on the MT. The chassis stretches out the front end. So I shaved the inside of the body, but I shaved too much, and when I put it back on the front end snapped right off, because there wasn't enough material left. So I thought it was gone-er, but I glued it back together anyways, and braced it with a thin piece of plastic. So now I had to piant it to hide the glueing, but meantime I lost interest.

Then I saw betty's hacked up Jeep in ph2t's video, and I knew I had to hack mine. I did a bikini top, just to be a little different than betty's

Meantime, I get my American truck body set, so now I've got my Silverado, and I lost interest in the Jeep again.

Then yesterday, Thanksgiving, I got the extra day off, I'm bored, WTH, let's finish that Jeep body. So I went at it kinda half ass, because honestly, I probably wont even be using this body on a chassis right now, but it came out pretty nice. Now that it's done, I wish I put a little more effort into it.

I'm happy with the paintjob too. I think I took a little different direction with the flames than I normally do.

Last edited by crazydave on Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i had the same issues with the jeep body on the mt chassis. luckily i didn't grind too much away, there's not a lot of room for error in there!
i like the different colour scheme, um, i'd write more praise type shit but i broke my brain at work today! :-(
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:i had the same issues with the jeep body on the mt chassis. luckily i didn't grind too much away, there's not a lot of room for error in there!
i like the different colour scheme, um, i'd write more praise type shit but i broke my brain at work today! :-(
Yeah, I realized I had gone too far when I saw the dots of daylight poking through the bottom of the grill.

In retrospect it was easier and safer to just shave a tiny bit off the top edge of the PCB cover. The body snaps on tight now.

The color scheme I borrowed from full size Jeep that drove past, but the gold should be the stock Jeep color, that I lost, as my gold is lighter. It looks more tan and less orange-y. The stock color would have blended with the red better. The metallic grey should be darker, but I used what I had on hand, and from what I remember in that split second I saw that Jeep, I think I came pretty close.

It was actually really cool, because I was thinking, "How would I do flames on a Jeep?" When I saw the front end of a gold Jeep like mine. then as it got closer I saw red on the side, and thought, "Cool." Then as it went past I saw the red turn into flames, and my jaw dropped, because of I was just thinking about that, and I didn't even expect to see the flames or the gray in back. It was really cool how it transitioned as it approached.
crazydave's Gallery
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Lookin good CD. You've turned into a flame fanatic.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

now i look at it more i notice the multi coloured flames. real nice touch that! :cool:
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:Lookin good CD. You've turned into a flame fanatic.
I've always been a flame fanatic. I've actually been painting flame jobs on toy cars since I was a kid. Except when I was a little kid I'd draw it on with a Sharpie, and it'd rub right off, but I kept drawing them on there again and again. I later progressed to paint brushes, which while more permanent, it still looked kinda yucky. I perfected my flaming technique on 1/10th scale RCs in my mid twenties.

I've only started playing with other themes so people wouldn't think I was a one trick pony, and also flames seem kinda trendy in the mainstream at the moment, but lately I said screw it, it's my car and I want flames! :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I like it, the jeep looks great all beefed up like that.
nice work crazydave
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Yup....i like it.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Yep, you're a real flamer :D .
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:Yep, you're a real flamer :D .
Hmmm :???:
Well I guess you always take the risk of being called a flamer, when you do flame jobs. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
Christine My Love

Post by Christine My Love »

It's good!
Bit boy
bitGangsta'

Post by Bit boy »

The only way it could be better would be if it was a CJ not a Wrangler.
I'm samrt
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bit boy wrote:The only way it could be better would be if it was a CJ not a Wrangler.
If we're gonna go that far, I'd rather an ol' Willy's. 8-)

Oh, and as far as what I could have done better, I wish I would have did more sanding and finished up the body work more. I didn't really sand at all, and where I glued my skin to the body, I just scraped off with my exacto. So it's it's little rough in spots. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Fucking killer CD. Your right it looks ruff, but WTH it's an offroading jeep, not a "little Lizas OC jeep" that never has seen the dirt.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

That's the one thing that always kills me... He'll post a killer ass ride and be all like "I really don't like this one... I'm not even gonna run it..."

Modest fooker. :-)