The day every BLOODCLAT ting went wrong[Spring break Supra]

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

ok I'm bringing back bad memories,

But here are some pics of the electronics after i finally had the heart to open her just now.

Image Image

Funny enough the fets undernieth are intact. The steering wire did not break, It became desoldered with all the heat.

I fried the white thingy on the reciever too :(. And all this with only 2 li-ions and an 11T stage 2 motor. :(

Closure(sp?) is not so bad guys. I now see why chicks need it when you kick their ass to the curb.

Maxx
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Digging up this old thread, cuz I had a revalation.

Sunday I was racing with my family and it occured to me why I fried the fets in my supra. This country is too damned HOT! My WRX was soooo hot yesterday after running, so it would only equate that with li-ions in this same heat would HAVE to fry the stock fets.

On another note, I'm thinking the heat also caused my nephew's G35 to "faint" . His car stopped working for a while, and only worked again after it cooled a bit. So for all my Xmods now I'll have to consider some kind of air induction to cool stuff down. Maybe roll down the windshield :eek:

Give the noobs something to read :-)
Maxx
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

seems like a good possibility. "rolling" down windows will help a lot. as well (more for looks)as front grill, air scoop, bumper air intakes. pieces of alluminum heat sinks from computer stuff shoud help. copper conducts heat very well too.:-)
i experienced this problem with my Mini-z mostly, it would slow down/ loose power if its hot. i got rid of all side windows, see my gallery or altezza mini-z thread. also, my drifter sti was treated with same mod and now motor AND batteries get just warm.
may be this could help if it that hot over there. :lol:
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Or you could always do something like this
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

or make a hood scoop

even easier, just run it without the hood :-o
i used to be cool